Did ORION get rammed thru your building?

ORION was installed at warp factor 9 in your center?

• Total voters

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't understand y more businesses aren't marked with time commits in the board.
Because it's a pain and dispatch managers don't want to take the time to do it. With Orion there are 2 different ways to put a time commit in for an address. Pre-Orion centers have to do it through CPAD which is a pain in the :censored2: supposedly.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Ok enough is enough. ORION is an epic failure. Why can't UPS see it?

Because they are spending millions of dollars to convince investors that it save miles and gas, also that makes the global warming crowd happy.

What never gets mentioned, is the service failures, the extra pay for working more hours because we spend more time digging though the load.

Also many of the higher ups have no idea how bad it is, they are being told by the Orion guys it is wonderful, and the people in operations don't want to say boo because they don't want to be fired.

Overpaid Union Thug

Because they are spending millions of dollars to convince investors that it save miles and gas, also that makes the global warming crowd happy.

What never gets mentioned, is the service failures, the extra pay for working more hours because we spend more time digging though the load.

Also many of the higher ups have no idea how bad it is, they are being told by the Orion guys it is wonderful, and the people in operations don't want to say boo because they don't want to be fired.

They know about the service failures. But until ORION affects their stops per car metric they will not address it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
No word on when we are getting Orion. Asked a sup about it and he said it won't be bad. Why don't I believe him?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Had a great laugh tonight, thought I would share.

ORION has not gone live in my building yet, though the computers in the turn in area are on, they have the maps of areas showing and such. Out of curiosity I zoom in on my area - and there it is. A street that has not existed in 3 years is still showing on the screen, and the street next to it shows as one block when it's now two.

Brand new system, maps out of date. Sounds like it will be a winning strategy.

WorknLateHuh

Here's the thing... Orion is supposed to be ideal for cover-drivers who don't know the route, right? to give the best "solution" and trace.

Well the problem is that with most routes here, Orion says that i can get 50 stops off before my first commit time of 12:00, which would be fine if the route wasn't an hour from the center and the driver had some idea of what door to enter, what dock to back to, and what crazy hoops the employees make the normal driver jump through.

So yeah, no big deal, just bang out 70 stops in 3 hours, complete with bulk stops and dirt roads that leave your load all over the floor no matter how slow you drive... no problem. Another thing is that Orion has you crossing the street for a stop twice as much as normal, yeah that's safe. Not to mention time for breaks and lunch.

I cover so many routes and barely any of it is realistic with the exception of a few, but even the 1's that make sense are set up identical to how the original EDD was set up lol.

The whole thing is just ridiculous with too many holes to count. Maybe it makes sense in your centers and maybe it will improve with the new updates to come idk.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I dont know about some of yous guys but the "special assignment" guys that did my building(most had no prior exp. with ORION) left a largely unfinished but finished ORION for my center team to justify everyday.

I'd just like to say to the "special assignment" guys,the next time they tell you that AbuDhabi center is a great lateral move in your career-please say yes I'll do it.

PS I've heard the tally in ORION dollars is over 100mil or 300mil?
100 mill down the drain . I'm getting close to using it and have heard all the horror stories and why would you make the job twice as hard . It has reduced the service level , increased missed packages, doubled the unsafe left turn, and will not work unless the daily plan is the same each day or if they give us a fair days work. I want the public to know driving across 4lanes of traffic to save a mile is putting stock and money before safety is wrong . This isn't the NFL where they turn their heads at the expense of a child.

upsbeernut

I get paid alot of money to ride around,and am running less stops so...............i kinda like it.
and yes it was very hastily put in ,no driver input,we were told to "make it happen" and boy oh boy do the older smart guys do that!
Well your one of the lucky ones if you like it . I can't make a judgment call , my route changes everyday which consistency I thought was one of foundations of ups. I am very disappointed and Casey is spinning in his grave . Like you said no driver input which means they dont trust our route knowledge, oh Are we on the same team? Does Orion have any purpose other than reducing mileage and keeping us out even longer than 8 pm. God theres no variables added, I would hate to be on the Orion team trying to cram it down a common sense driver.

Last edited:

upsbeernut

The problem isn't the speed it was put in.
90% of the changes I asked for when I had my 3 Orion rides couldn't be done.
The software they use handcuffs them and they can't change things the way we'd expect.
The framework of the whole upgrade is at fault.
Why not fix the preload , god why put Orion on top of problems that were never fixed