Did ORION get rammed thru your building?

ORION was installed at warp factor 9 in your center?

• Total voters

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Waste of time and money, but somehow they're justifying it with saved miles.
Looking at the Orion report every morning, I'm not seeing it at all.
shell-game-animated.gif
Its another big blunder bought without proper driver input. Someone thought they would look on a map and reduce mileage without reviewing the long list of variables . I hope they don't pat themselves on the back for this waste of money and unsafe daily plan.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I got a better idea, quit wasting millions of dollars on stupid schiznitt like ORION, and invest the money on things that really need attention, like all the smallazz centers that are over capacitated all across the country, YOU IDIOT :censored2:ES lol.

upsbeernut

I got a better idea, quit wasting millions of dollars on stupid schiznitt like ORION, and invest the money on things that really need attention, like all the smallazz centers that are over capacitated all across the country, YOU IDIOT :censored2:ES lol.
Your right ours needs help , more room , and a morale boost. Lets bring back pride in the job that will boost stock more than Orion would . Our hub has been too small for 10 years, its time to expand or move 2 centers out to another facility.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Why would an orion team member be allowed to change the regular delivery order before implementing "the solution"? I told the guy before my ride that my dol was jacked up, that I had asked the dispatcher for an opportunity to change it and wasn't allowed to. I was told that it wouldn't affect orion. Lie. They knew the dol was off, I never ran anything approaching trace and had no complaints from management. So I tell this guy my dol is jacked and he jacks it even worse. Now I see gibberish whether orion is on or off. Makes an already stressful work day hellish. There's no reasoning with them now so I may as well spew about it on a public forum. The solution is a joke. The only puzzle here was how to make a route as inefficient as possible.

These are my opinions. Others are available.

upsbeernut

Why would an orion team member be allowed to change the regular delivery order before implementing "the solution"? I told the guy before my ride that my dol was jacked up, that I had asked the dispatcher for an opportunity to change it and wasn't allowed to. I was told that it wouldn't affect orion. Lie. They knew the dol was off, I never ran anything approaching trace and had no complaints from management. So I tell this guy my dol is jacked and he jacks it even worse. Now I see gibberish whether orion is on or off. Makes an already stressful work day hellish. There's no reasoning with them now so I may as well spew about it on a public forum. The solution is a joke. The only puzzle here was how to make a route as inefficient as possible.

yes i agree, orion has no valuable information on all the variables out there starting with the preload and dispatch.When you overload the route and constantly change the delivery order, it will feel like swinging on your own route. You cant fine tune a route when over the last 10 years one problem after another were never addressed. Now you have all these unsolved problems with Orion on top doubling the stress and work. Come on you cant join the flintstones and the jetsons especially when you are trampling over oversized boxes and searching for a package on a different shelf. These guys need to admit to another bad purchase of software . My route is jacked up almost everyday due to the fact that overtime dosent bother anyone and as i said in other forums; it might be better to listen to our imput and work as a football team with defense and offense instead of defense only.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The earliest people who got crammed with Orion, says it goes away. A sign it does is appearing at my center. The "beat the computer sheet" isnt out half the time, and they do not send us our miles every day. What remains is the extra amount of work still on the cars. I cannot imagine learning a route on Orion. You (at least I) wouldnt be able to get the sense of layout and direction. I am on the 9.5 list, so its getting better.

upsbeernut

The earliest people who got crammed with Orion, says it goes away. A sign it does is appearing at my center. The "beat the computer sheet" isnt out half the time, and they do not send us our miles every day. What remains is the extra amount of work still on the cars. I cannot imagine learning a route on Orion. You (at least I) wouldnt be able to get the sense of layout and direction. I am on the 9.5 list, so its getting better.
Id like to know when you receive an oca out of the way or have an emergency bathroom run, Does that blow the whole Orion experience?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
It will be around as long as they've spent a ton of money on it and they can make it look good on paper.

From what I understand, we're supposed to notify the center anytime something will increase miles significantly.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
I'm sick of being micromanaged to this degree. Wonder if they removed that language from the new contract, not that it's ever been effective in grieving anything.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm sick of being micromanaged to this degree. Wonder if they removed that language from the new contract, not that it's ever been effective in grieving anything.

UPS has always micro managed to the greatest extent possible and now they have more new tools to use to micro manage even more. No way they will ever back off from doing it.

upsbeernut

Theres no telling , probably because the union traded something for a mandatory work day after thanksgiving. We just heard this a couple of weeks ago, can you imagine being on a mall route you will never deliver all of it.