Did partimers just royally just friend themselves ?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Post em' up then. Share the numbers state by state, hub by hub with the ratio of PT'ers to FT'ers at each so we can all see who voted and who didn't.

We'll see them soon enough.

Point is, we lost.
And I believe @Indecisi0n when he says that part timers didn't vote in decent numbers.

It's not like that would be a change from their normal voting patterns.

Drink Craft Beer

It's confidential. I would risk my career by doing so.
Of course you would.

Ju4pPKX.gif

Drink Craft Beer

We'll see them soon enough.

Point is, we lost.
And I believe @Indecisi0n when he says that part timers didn't vote in decent numbers.

It's not like that would be a change from their normal voting patterns.
But we won't see is which PT'ers didn't vote and how much time they have in compared to those who did vote and how much time they have in. Don't speculate and blame all PT'ers for this. He's basically saying "all FT'ers voted so it's the PT'ers that :censored2:ed us over."

To start talking about separating the union is asinine to where it ends up being no union whatsoever. An US vs. THEM between workers accomplishes nothing.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
But we won't see is which PT'ers didn't vote and how much time they have in compared to those who did vote and how much time they have in. Don't speculate and blame all PT'ers for this. He's basically saying "all FT'ers voted so it's the PT'ers that :censored2:ed us over."

To start talking about separating the union is asinine to where it ends up being no union whatsoever. An US vs. THEM between workers accomplishes nothing.

Isn't the point of anonymous voting the fact that other people can't find out who you voted for?

I'm willing to believe that part timers voted less than most full time groups.
Period.
Do you honestly think otherwise?

And I'm not being an apologist for the Full timers.
(Full timers helped create a revolving door setup for part timers, which makes them less inclined to care about their job/contract, but that's another story.)

So part timers are indeed partially to blame for this failure.
The larger question of why part timers don't vote should still be looked into by a lot of guys here, though.

quamba 638

From what I’ve been hearing this was considered a pretty good turnout in voters vs years past. So, why waste everyone’s time? Why even hold a vote? It’s ALWAYS going to be something, someone excuse, stipulation, loophole for the Union to say your vote doesn’t matter.

Drink Craft Beer

Isn't the point of anonymous voting the fact that other people can't find out who you voted for?

I'm willing to believe that part timers voted less than most full time groups.
Period.
Do you honestly think otherwise?

And I'm not being an apologist for the Full timers.
(Full timers helped create a revolving door setup for part timers, which makes them less inclined to care about their job/contract, but that's another story.)

So part timers are indeed partially to blame for this failure.
The larger question of why part timers don't vote should still be looked into by a lot of guys here, though.
Yes.... that's why "blaming all PT'ers" for the end result is dumb while making it look like "all FT'ers" did vote and they should now be outside PT'ers houses with pitchforks.

Bad Gas!

It's true part-timers and the newer full timers have been given the short stick in contracts. But that's true anywhere. Look at MLB. The young players have to pay there dues before signing big contracts. And the minor leaguers for the most part play for chump change, riding buses... look at young airline pilots don't make crap until they get experience..
.But at ups half to 60 percent ptime don't stay 5 years. they either can't hack it or want better, easier or both..

Indecisi0n

I agree we do not want that us vs them mentality buy I am also not going to let someone who doesn't give a :censored2: about their job dictate my future. Partimers are the majority so for them to have enough power to swing a contract vote is a real concern. Most of them don't give a :censored2: about their jobs and we see this one a daily basis. I'm going to be here 25_30 years where as they might be here 2 years.

Either that clause needs to be taken out or they need to separate the voting and or contract.

llamainmypocket

I agree we do not want that us vs them mentality buy I am also not going to let someone who doesn't give a :censored2: about their job dictate my future. Partimers are the majority so for them to have enough power to swing a contract vote is a real concern. Most of them don't give a :censored2: about their jobs and we see this one a daily basis. I'm going to be here 25_30 years where as they might be here 2 years.

Either that clause needs to be taken out or they need to separate the voting and or contract.

Trying to change your tune without changing your mind? I call shallow. Possibly crocodile tears. Not buying it. The point you argue from is not genuine.

PT Car Washer

I asked a preloader this morning if he voted and his reply was no he didn't because he was happy with the way things are. If anyone should be dissatisfied with their position in the company it should be him. At my building preloaders are not even paid the extra Dollar preload rate. His perspective was only the radicals pushing to get out the no vote when they are the ones who will be making $40/hr in a few years.

Indecisi0n

From your original post to
My point is this, I am a union guy and I understand we are strong in numbers but at the same time I don't want other people who don't give a :censored2: dragging me and the future of my family and I down.

I understand MOST partimers see their jobs as dead end and don't care about it. I am fine with that. What I am not fine with is that guy having a vote that effects me.

llamainmypocket

My point is this, I am a union guy and I understand we are strong in numbers but at the same time I don't want other people who don't give a :censored2: dragging me and the future of my family and I down.

I understand MOST partimers see their jobs as dead end and don't care about it. I am fine with that. What I am not fine with is that guy having a vote that effects me.

I've seen you multiple times talking down part timers. Trying set an example of yourself as sympathetic in any way is totally inconsistent. Your not even consistent within this thread. Im not buying it because I know you better.

I said the more I get to know you the less I like you and that trend isnt changing. You can pretty much add intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy to your character.

I get that you probably see yourself as a union guy but that really doesn't go that far. I wouldn't call it true.

Staydryitsraining

Now the spotlight is on partimers not voting and how they are now dictating full timers contracts which isn't seen as fair. I could see the union either separating the voting somehow and if that happens you partimers are :censored2:ed. You think you have it bad now? Just wait and see how bad it is when full timers arent fighting with you at contract time.
lol your not bitter

Indecisi0n

I've seen you multiple times talking down part timers. Trying set an example of yourself as sympathetic in any way is totally inconsistent. Your not even consistent within this thread. Im not buying it because I know you better.

I said the more I get to know you the less I like you and that trend isnt changing. You can pretty much add intellectual dishonesty and hypocrisy to your character.

I get that you probably see yourself as a union guy but that really doesn't go that far. I wouldn't call it true.
I am not even going to read past your opening statement because its false. I joke around a lot on here so if you don't know my history then you can't get an accurate of who I am.

I am a feeder guy and in my honest opinion the contract for me personally wasn't bad at all. I voted no. The reason I voted no was because I felt like the PTers and package guys were getting the shaft.

PT Car Washer

I am not even going to read past your opening statement because its false. I joke around a lot on here so if you don't know my history then you can't get an accurate of who I am.

I am a feeder guy and in my honest opinion the contract for me personally wasn't bad at all. I voted no. The reason I voted no was because I felt like the PTers and package guys were getting the shaft.
PT have been getting the shaft for 36 years. Now you tell us how that should all change and you voted no in solidarity. You are about 30 years too late.

Indecisi0n

PT have been getting the shaft for 36 years. Now you tell us how that should all change and you voted no in solidarity. You are about 30 years too late.
I wasn't here so I can't comment on that. All I can control is me. Maybe I will think twice about sticking my neck out for you guys next time.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Do part-timers really have that big of a majority?

209000 eligible voters.

22350 22.3
1000 22.2
90000 Drivers/Feeders
-------
113350 Full time would only leave 95650 for part-time.

Just my guess at the numbers.