Did u find this post helpful

No this this is not google plus or facebook etc. People were complaining to me about all the off topic posts derailing threads so I looked for a plugin that would allow members to downvote unhelpful posts.

If it's not helpful we can get rid of it.
can we please please please get rid of it??? How about starting a pool Cheryl. If it's good let it be if its not odious.

Buck Fifty

No this this is not google plus or facebook etc. People were complaining to me about all the off topic posts derailing threads so I looked for a plugin that would allow members to downvote unhelpful posts.

If it's not helpful we can get rid of it.

I think you started about 2 1/2 years ago.

I got use to you after a year or so.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you really aren't that annoying.

No :censored2:!
I have not run across anyone else like you. :happy-very:

​Nice move ... it was Cheryl's idea.

Hey Ovah, check out all the clutter here in this post. I'll will miss reading about 75% of Hoax's post though. Never mind the Double Standard won't allow that to happen.

Indecisi0n

KNOTS_LAW_helpful.gif

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Between Re title, quotes, post to quotes, /img, and signature, it's gets quite cluttered, especially when the "like" button serves the same purpose.

upschuck

I like the concept, but not the application. The red and green stick out way too much, like it's the main feature of the posts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey Ovah, check out all the clutter here in this post. I'll will miss reading about 75% of Hoax's post though. Never mind the Double Standard won't allow that to happen.

You whine about so many things that perhaps you have become clutter. :wink2:
I don't even know what your point is here except you are whining about me again. :people_crybaby:

Perhaps you can be more explicit on my behavior you feel is violating the TOS. :detective

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have posted a link to the TOS below to facilitate your reply outlining which part of the TOS I am violating.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/help/terms

Last edited:

gingerkat

I imagine Cheryl put this "new" feature up because she got tired of the endless complaints and pm's. She probably wanted to try and appease those people that complain about reading posts they don't like. Which really is a silly thing when you can simply ignore a person or better yet, ignore a thread or just move past a particular post.

I personally do not like the new feature, because it does look a little cluttered to me, but it's not my board or my choice. I get having options, but IMO the "like" button is enough because there still is the rep feature. When you dislike something, instead of having a dislike button, maybe you can quote that post and put "DISLIKE"? LOL

I'm a mod on two other boards and it sucks. People complain about the dumbest things and I hardly ever respond to my many, many pm's. We don't really need mod mommy or daddy to tell us what we can or can't say, do we? I'm still relatively a newbie and I really don't know much about who owns this board. I just think that, keeping the trolls and spam down to almost nothing a huge task and that alone is enough for me. Redesigning the board for our personal wants and needs seems a little selfish.

​But that is only my opinion. Carry on...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No this this is not google plus or facebook etc. People were complaining to me about all the off topic posts derailing threads so I looked for a plugin that would allow members to downvote unhelpful posts. If it's not helpful we can get rid of it.

​thread derailment is one of the greatest things here. I see it as self policing the crappy threads. If the topic were reall that interesting it likely wouldn't go off topic.