Did you ever play hooky from work and if so, what did you do?

Sammie

Not one to play hooky because our sick pay came in so handy at Christmas, my daughter was about 10, it was spring and the weather
was beautiful. Come one Monday morning, I could not bring myself to face the grind. For some reason I needed another day off so I called us
in ill and we spent a great day in a park. The next day I got sicker than
a dog. Showed me! That old Karma can bite back quick.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Called in sick one day (really was sick) but was feeling better by lunch so I thought I'd go watch a movie. On-car happened to be in the mall. Next day asked me how the movie was.

rod

Retired 22 years
No I never did. I was late (10. min.) for work twice - does that count?

Hoyt Axton - Boney Fingers

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
The place where I used to work had very few drivers and even fewer fill-ins. I fell at my sisters and cracked two ris. Tried calling in and was told that they would send a guy with me to do the physical work but I had to drive. If I couldn't do that I would be out of a job. That was a very long day.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
When I was in package I made damn sure I used everyone of my sick days and if it took playing hooky to do it, well of course I did! I also volunteered for any RLO week available and if they were asking drivers to go home they wouldn't have to ask me twice, I handed off the DIAD and actually ran to my car with my cell phone off so they couldn't change their minds.

Now, I actually worked two of my vacations because I felt I just didn't need that much time off and the extra money would be nice. Working a job you like to do means all the difference in the world.