Did You Know?

Goldilocks

Cosco pays forklift drivers $15 an hour and topped out in 4 years is $22, after that $1500 dollars every six months bonus money plus great insurance...What the Heck has happened to Fedex....

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Cosco pays forklift drivers $15 an hour and topped out in 4 years is $22, after that $1500 dollars every six months bonus money plus great insurance...What the Heck has happened to Fedex....
How about a "new hire" CTV driver @ UPS, makes more than a seasoned driver of 25+ years, topped out a "Ye Ole FedEx".
Starting pay: $27.50. And they wonder why everyone is bailing, going to Walmart.

Guapo

9 years in and top out is still 7+ dollars away

Last edited by a moderator:

klein

Für Meno :)
[h=2]Title:[/h]
Shipper-receiver

[h=2]Terms of Employment:[/h]
Permanent, Full Time, Day

[h=2]Salary:[/h]
$16.00 to $20.00 Hourly, 40.00 Hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental
Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance
Benefits

[h=2]Anticipated Start Date:[/h]
As soon as possible

[h=2]Location:[/h]
Edmonton South, Alberta ( 1 vacancy )

vantexan

Title:

Shipper-receiver

Terms of Employment:

Permanent, Full Time, Day

Salary:

$16.00 to $20.00 Hourly, 40.00 Hours per week, Medical Benefits, Dental
Benefits, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, Group Insurance
Benefits

Anticipated Start Date:

As soon as possible

Edmonton South, Alberta ( 1 vacancy )

It's amazing what can happen in a resource rich country with a small population and huge growth potential.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, and if you really want to make money - get a trade, such as a pipeline welder :

RACI Industrial is seeking Motivated B Pressure Welders to operate our
expanding fleet of Weld Service Trucks. This opportunity is for pipeline,
facility maintenance and new construction at a rapidly expanding Wood Buffalo
Oilsands site.

We are offering:

-Flights from Edmonton and Calgary

- Accommodations

-7 Days on 7 Days off 12hr shift rotation

-Wages $52 -$63 per hour ( Plus a 10% performance bonus
paid quarterly)

DontThrowPackages

Union helps. I heard one economist say America has become a country full of Hamburger flippers. Well if the Koch brothers and their ilk had it their way we would be. Why do corporations feel the need to take so much? If it comes to fathers taking their families into a supermarket, telling them to remove food from its packaging and hurry up and eat before someone sees, will corporations think? We have employees here wondering if they will make it to retirement. The magic number rumored is 2015-2016. If you are retiring by then,well, congratulations. You will make it. Anyone who can't retire by then will probably not be at express by 2020. It will simply be better to be employed somewhere else. And once xpress is streamlined and their profits stagnate, the company will be looking about how to strangle even more eggs out of their golden goose that is ground. I said more than a few times not to drive unsafe because you could kiil someones child and soon after my post someone ran someones child over. IMO there's going to be another hard push to get stops per hour up. Ask for a check ride and when they tell you no then remind them of that conversation the next time they hand you a sheet showing numbers under 100pct. I don't need to tell the vets but please vets tell the newbies in your stations to stop speeding. If the light just turned yellow, please stop. Accidents are automatic letters in your file. 3 letters and they've got you. Plus the only thing doing more work gets you is more work. I don't want a plane or a big boat. I don't need someone making 7 figures telling me to live within my means. I'll eat 4 dollar subway everyday. Ill get rid of cable. I'll stop going to Vegas. I'll stop buying new clothes, new shoes, nice restaurants, Ifone, new computer, Movies, Video games and anything else that contributes to the economy.

Goldilocks

Yeah, and if you really want to make money - get a trade, such as a pipeline welder :

RACI Industrial is seeking Motivated B Pressure Welders to operate our
expanding fleet of Weld Service Trucks. This opportunity is for pipeline,
facility maintenance and new construction at a rapidly expanding Wood Buffalo
Oilsands site.

We are offering:

-Flights from Edmonton and Calgary

- Accommodations

-7 Days on 7 Days off 12hr shift rotation

-Wages $52 -$63 per hour ( Plus a 10% performance bonus
paid quarterly)

Yes, you are right! I had a delivery to a pipeline construction site the other day, its the pipeline going from Houston to Canada. A guy came over to my door and told me he was with UPS for 40 years. He was a manager that got a buyout during our Brownout. He said UPS pretty much fired all the managers making big bucks. He got his Pipeline Coating Certification and now makes $4400 a week. He told me that the IBT takes very good care of them.