Did You Participate In Any Of United Parcel Service's (NYSE:UPS) Fantastic 126% Return ?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Did You Participate In Any Of United Parcel Service's (NYSE:UPS) Fantastic 126% Return ? - NASDAQ

The main point of investing for the long term is to make money. Better yet, you'd like to see the share price move up more than the market average. Unfortunately for shareholders, while the United Parcel Service, Inc. (NYSE:UPS) share price is up 94% in the last five years, that's less than the market return. However, if you include the dividends then the return is market beating. However, more recent buyers should be happy with the increase of 78% over the last year.

While markets are a powerful pricing mechanism, share prices reflect investor sentiment, not just underlying business performance. One flawed but reasonable way to assess how sentiment around a company has changed is to compare the earnings per share (EPS) with the share price.

Over half a decade, United Parcel Service managed to grow its earnings per share at 1.5% a year. This EPS growth is slower than the share price growth of 14% per year, over the same period. So it's fair to assume the market has a higher opinion of the business than it did five years ago. And that's hardly shocking given the track record of growth.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
We'll see how grateful the company and shareholders are on our next contract in 2023. I'll bet corporate greed rears its ugly head from the politically correct culture we've been seeing lately.

We'll see how grateful the company and shareholders are on our next contract in 2023. I'll bet corporate greed rears its ugly head from the politically correct culture we've been seeing lately.
It would like to triple witching hour
All the union contracts expire in 2023 and management pension contributions will cease to exist in 2023