Different Air progressions....Really?

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
So, I'm a regular old pt car parker (the only building that I know of that just has us park, but not wash cars. The cars are washed by an outside service...don't know how they get away with it...) and a Saturday air driver. Now, I'm at full scale for Saturday (21.17 or some such thing) but, if I cover an air route during the week I go back to 12.50 an hour. The excuse I got is there are two progressions within air...bid and exception. My thinking is this is a load of crap! If it's contractual, then it's friggin' cheap!:angry:

Overpaid Union Thug

I never had two different pay rates for air. If I delivered air in the morning I was always paid the same as what I made on saturdays. If I ran the p.m. air route (picking up letter boxes) I was paid the same as all the others. Fight it!

sortaisle

I just have to wonder if it's something to do with the rider and addendums over here in the east washington district...

IDoLessWorkThanMost

It's in the national, actually. There are two different progressions. Unless you have completed both progressions, you risk losing money if you work outside your classification.

sortaisle

ahhhh....thanks, by BA said he thought it was fishy. So in conclusion, UPS is cheap. (Not that we didn't know that already.) Although, I could swear there was language that said that you would get your higher wage.