Different Vacation Idea

klein

Für Meno :)
No, for myself, I'm different. I rather go to Cuba or Mexico, all inclusive for the week for $500, instead of paying by the day. But, I been thru Oregon, and I got big time ******, for trying to pump my own gas ! It's illegal there to do so.
And they thought I should know better, and almost wanted to call the cops on me !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

tourists24

No, for myself, I'm different. I rather go to Cuba or Mexico, all inclusive for the week for $500, instead of paying by the day. But, I been thru Oregon, and I got big time ******, for trying to pump my own gas ! It's illegal there to do so.
And they thought I should know better, and almost wanted to call the cops on me !!!!
Klein,,, if you wanna go to Cubaville that is fine with me.... this place looks cool "to me"... Please dont ruin it with your problems with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sober would probably be the guy to chime in on this, that's his neck of the woods. If you're looking for zip line fun Costa Rica is supposed to be the way to go, I noticed that this place even has a "Costa Rica" house. A buddy of mine actually worked at a resort in Costa Rica for a while giving zip line tours, he said it was a blast. Might be cheaper to go to Oregon though plus you don't need a passport and it does look like fun.
We've been kinda looking for different vacation plans ourselves, we're both getting tired of cruise ships :). We've been kicking around the idea of taking a train from Albany up through the Adirondacks to Montreal, hanging out there for a few days and then taking the train back. We spent a week in the Adirondacks a few years ago and it was beautiful, and Montreal is supposed to be a very cool place.

tourists24

Sober would probably be the guy to chime in on this, that's his neck of the woods. If you're looking for zip line fun Costa Rica is supposed to be the way to go, I noticed that this place even has a "Costa Rica" house. A buddy of mine actually worked at a resort in Costa Rica for a while giving zip line tours, he said it was a blast. Might be cheaper to go to Oregon though plus you don't need a passport and it does look like fun.
We've been kinda looking for different vacation plans ourselves, we're both getting tired of cruise ships :). We've been kicking around the idea of taking a train from Albany up through the Adirondacks to Montreal, hanging out there for a few days and then taking the train back. We spent a week in the Adirondacks a few years ago and it was beautiful, and Montreal is supposed to be a very cool place.
Always wanted to do a train trip. Although Im not sure how the boys would do cooped up like that.... This trip just seemed to call to me.... Looks like something all of us could enjoy

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Haha yeah, I probably wouldn't take two(?) boys on a train trip, they'd be bored to tears. A tree house with some ziplines is probably more their speed :happy-very:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The days of stopping at customs (douanes) and answering a few questions are gone. You need to show either a passport or an enhanced driver license (EDL).

You would love the Adirondacks. The train from Albany to Montreal follows Lake Champlain so you don't really go through the Adirondacks but it is a beautiful ride none the less and you would make a stop on my delivery route. Montreal is a beautiful city with many, many things to do. I would actually suggest starting in Albany but rather than taking the train you would rent a car, go up the Northway and get off at Exit 30. This will take you along a scenic highway (Rte 73) up to Lake Placid. Spend a day or so there and then head up to Montreal. You could then drop off the car and ride the train back to Albany.

Google I Love NY for more vacation ideas.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm reasonably sure you don't need a passport to go to Oregon :wink2:.

The last time we were in the Adirondacks we stayed in a cabin at Blue Mountain lake, right near the Adirondacks Museum. We hiked to the top of Blue Mountain one day, someone at the outdoor store in town told us that it took most people 2 hours to get to the top so of course we took that as a challenge and hammered up there in about 40 minutes. Spectacular views, and we took a lots of pictures. You can have those black flys though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do Venice (not for feint of heart), Newport, Laguna, Dana Point and San Clemente and be beach bums for a week or two. Your theme would be to hit every beach mentioned in the Beach Boys song....Surfin USA!

If you make it to San Onofre I'll meet you for coffee.

You'd catch 'em surfin' at Del Mar
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
Ventura County line
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
Santa Cruz and Trestles
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
Australia's Narrabeen
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
All over Manhattan
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
And down Doheny way
(Inside outside)
Everybody's gone surfin'
Surfin' U.S.A.

Haggerty's and Swami's
(Inside outside U.S.A)
Pacific Palisades
(Inside outside U.S.A)
San Onofre and Sunset
(Inside outside U.S.A)
Redondo Beach L.A.
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
All over La Jolla
(Inside outside U.S.A.)
At Waimea Bay
(Inside outside)

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The days of stopping at customs (douanes) and answering a few questions are gone. You need to show either a passport or an enhanced driver license (EDL).

You would love the Adirondacks. The train from Albany to Montreal follows Lake Champlain so you don't really go through the Adirondacks but it is a beautiful ride none the less and you would make a stop on my delivery route. Montreal is a beautiful city with many, many things to do. I would actually suggest starting in Albany but rather than taking the train you would rent a car, go up the Northway and get off at Exit 30. This will take you along a scenic highway (Rte 73) up to Lake Placid. Spend a day or so there and then head up to Montreal. You could then drop off the car and ride the train back to Albany.

Google I Love NY for more vacation ideas.
I backpacked and paddled in the Adirondacks Cranberry Lake and Lowes Lake area and climbed Cat Mountain. Beautiful area we camped at beach on Cranberry Lake layed on our backs @ night and saw the milky way and watched the shooting stars awesome ! Bear stole our lunch though.Remote Camp site # 10 if you ever get there

klein

Montreal on list of world's happy places

By Nelson Wyatt, The Canadian Press
Tue Jul 27, 5:43 PM

MONTREAL - Canada has an entry on the list of the 10 happiest places on the planet — no small feat considering the rundown included Happy, Texas, the self-proclaimed "town without a frown."

The popular Lonely Planet travel guide listed Montreal in its ranking of cheerful locales, noting that Canada's second-largest city hosts one of the world's biggest comedy events every July.

The methodology for the choice wasn't immediately apparent. A spokesman wasn't available, but the publication is known for drawing on the observations of its large stable of globetrotting writers.

First mention on Lonely Planet's list went to the South Pacific island paradise of Vanuatu, which has the advantage of being considerably warmer than Montreal most of the year.

But Lonely Planet says Montreal has a variety of other attributes, especially in the summer when it hosts the Just For Laughs Festival, which wrapped up its latest edition on Sunday.

"Clean, welcoming and refreshingly multicultural, Montreal is happy enough year-round," the travel guide says.

P

pickup

Were u smoking a cigarette or guzzling a beer or both as u tried to work the pump?

P

pickup

Montreal on list of world's happy places

By Nelson Wyatt, The Canadian Press
Tue Jul 27, 5:43 PM

MONTREAL - Canada has an entry on the list of the 10 happiest places on the planet — no small feat considering the rundown included Happy, Texas, the self-proclaimed "town without a frown."

The popular Lonely Planet travel guide listed Montreal in its ranking of cheerful locales, noting that Canada's second-largest city hosts one of the world's biggest comedy events every July.

The methodology for the choice wasn't immediately apparent. A spokesman wasn't available, but the publication is known for drawing on the observations of its large stable of globetrotting writers.

First mention on Lonely Planet's list went to the South Pacific island paradise of Vanuatu, which has the advantage of being considerably warmer than Montreal most of the year.

But Lonely Planet says Montreal has a variety of other attributes, especially in the summer when it hosts the Just For Laughs Festival, which wrapped up its latest edition on Sunday.

"Clean, welcoming and refreshingly multicultural, Montreal is happy enough year-round," the travel guide says.

Now, if they could just gain independence from their Canadian overlords, it would be an even happier place.

klein

Now, if they could just gain independence from their Canadian overlords, it would be an even happier place.

You know very little. They don't want an independent Quebec. They voted twice on it.
But, if the city of Montreal wasn't allowed to vote, then you would see an independent Quebec.
But, over 80 or 90% of Montrealer's are for a united Canada.

moreluck

golden ticket member
jersey-shore-mtv-300x199.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's the stars of the reality show Jersey Shore, not the scenery ........ it's not funny when you have to explain it!