digital idiot

DS

Fenderbender
We just got a digital camera and its pretty cool.
It has 9.1 megapixel with 28mm wide angle and 10x optical zoom.
Whatever that means.It also can do little videos.Any one out there with advice for an amateur would be appreciated...

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
DS, when I read the title I thought to myself 'this oughta be good'. I can't wait until Hoax and a few others get into this. :surprised:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We just got a digital camera and its pretty cool.
It has 9.1 megapixel with 28mm wide angle and 10x optical zoom.
Whatever that means.It also can do little videos.Any one out there with advice for an amateur would be appreciated...heres a pic of gypsy...
point and click
Take lots of pics and once you have one you like, use your editing program to brighten, increase contrast and eliminate distracting items and specks in picture.
I took Gypsy and brightened it, increased contrast, eliminated the chair leg and reduced the flash reflection in her eyes. Less than 2 minutes of effort.

Since you took the pic in low light, the camera adjusted the friend-stop down low which gave you less depth of field...head is in focus while tail is out of focus. As you increase the light, the camera will give you more depth of field.

DScatGypsyedited.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And this one is more subtle ...removed tail and ear shadows and then softened it up and added some graininess and then added some diffusion to bring highlights out.

DScatGypsydiffusedglow.jpg

DS

Fenderbender
Hoax and Steve, this was just what I was hoping,I need all the advice I can get.Heres 2 more pix I took,a house down the street,and our new grandchild Ava.Steve,you will be happy to know I found the editing program and although I have a lot to learn,I managed to crop the baby pic.I'm ready for lesson two:0)

moreluck

golden ticket member
Grandma Deb & Grandude,

Ava is absolutely gorgeous.....but you both already knew that, right?
Have fun with her, they grow so fast, don't waste a minute.
Congrats !!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have a lot to learn,I managed to crop the baby pic.I'm ready for lesson two:0)

She's a cutey! Congrats Grandpa and Grandma.
Unconditional love and no responsibility. I love my grandson and when he gets tired and cranky... back to Mom and Dad. Not often though, he's a good kid.

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
she is totally georgous. my new nephew is 11 weeks old. maybe we should fix them up. (wink) his name is Jazz.

click on the pictures to make them bigger.

Pictures 096.jpg
Pictures 096.jpg
Pictures 105.jpg

Last edited:

Big Babooba

DS, she is beautiful. You don't need to retouch perfection. When was she born? God sends us great gifts in little packages.
Downsized, a picture is worth a thousand words. His eyes in the first pic say that he is plotting his first big caper. Watch out!:wink2:
BTW my granddaughter turns 1 on January 5th. Maybe we can fix them up.(wink wink) Her name is Anneliese.

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Wow, you guys are blessed.

Here's what I did to DS's pictures using photo impact. I resized and messed around with special effects.

Little baby pic is just resized, then we have as a painted canvas, calm colored followed by monotone (BW),
which I also cropped, so we could see baby's face more.
I did some cropping and cool light effects on your Christmas house.
Finally, I shrunk, but did not crop, Covemaster's pic. This all took me about 1/2 hour.

Took that long because I did more things that I didn't show, as I love playing with this program.