Digitally Raped

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Last month a beta tester told Meta that she had been randomly groped by a stranger on Horizon Worlds; she later posted her experience in the Horizon Worlds beta testing group on Facebook.

“Sexual harassment is no joke on the regular internet, but being in VR adds another layer that makes the event more intense,” she wrote. “Not only was I groped last night, but there were other people there who supported this behaviour.…”

Meta’s response to this? A bit of casual victim-blaming. An internal review concluded that the beta tester should have used a tool called “Safe Zone” that users can activate if they feel threatened. The tool essentially sticks you in a protective bubble and stops people from interacting with you until you come out of the bubble. It’s the digital equivalent of telling women that if they don’t want to get harassed while walking down the street then they should just stay at home. It’s old-fashioned misogyny repackaged for the digital age.

vantexan

Will be something if the metaverse becomes the place people go to obtain their victimhood cred.
Billions and billions of dollars and it devolves into perfect body avatars having sex. Saw a meme yesterday where a person showed up from the 1950's and how would you explain today's world to him. Said I have a device in my pocket capable of accessing all the knowledge of mankind and I use it to look at pictures of cats and to argue with strangers.

rickyb

Last month a beta tester told Meta that she had been randomly groped by a stranger on Horizon Worlds; she later posted her experience in the Horizon Worlds beta testing group on Facebook.

“Sexual harassment is no joke on the regular internet, but being in VR adds another layer that makes the event more intense,” she wrote. “Not only was I groped last night, but there were other people there who supported this behaviour.…”

Meta’s response to this? A bit of casual victim-blaming. An internal review concluded that the beta tester should have used a tool called “Safe Zone” that users can activate if they feel threatened. The tool essentially sticks you in a protective bubble and stops people from interacting with you until you come out of the bubble. It’s the digital equivalent of telling women that if they don’t want to get harassed while walking down the street then they should just stay at home. It’s old-fashioned misogyny repackaged for the digital age.
is this the matrix?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Please explain this to me, a person who lives in the real world. She wasn’t physically groped but online???

over9five

Staff member
When you're groping someone in this virtual world, can you feel what you're groping?
How does she know she was groped? She saw it, not felt it?
Good Lord, turn that crap off.