Direct deposit

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Has anyone here switched banks and their direct deposit? How long did it take for your checks to start being deposited into your new banks account?
I just switched banks back in May. The day my paycheck was deposited (on a Wed)....I deleted that account on upsers and added the new account. My paycheck the following week was deposited into my new account.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

This new bank also said they don't hold payroll checks, they deposit it them the day they receive them...so I'm guessing I'll get paid Thursday's since that's when UPS releases them

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This new bank also said they don't hold payroll checks, they deposit it them the day they receive them...so I'm guessing I'll get paid Thursday's since that's when UPS releases them

Direct deposits are never held---you will have the full amount available on the day that the DD was made. They are talking about actual paper checks, which most banks will hold for at least one day, only releasing the first $100.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Direct deposits are never held---you will have the full amount available on the day that the DD was made. They are talking about actual paper checks, which most banks will hold for at least one day, only releasing the first $100.
My last bank held my check til midnight Thursday night..bank.b4 that paid me at 8 pm Thursday.

brett636

Last time I switched it took around 2 pay periods for it to complete. That had to have been nearly 10 years ago so maybe its faster by now, but not sure.

By The Book

The amount that each bank releases does vary, the $100 may be just a bank you know of.