Directed to falsify driver sort and load time

Johney

Our start time is 9:15. We usually are on the belt by 9:20. I am ready to roll--if the preload is not wrapped that is not my problem. Any time that I spend assisting the preload is sort and load.
Do you actually see your coded out time on the OPS report?

C

chuchu

I don't care about the day that is planned for me. I do care that ups will use anything against an employee to harrass them. So document the time correctly to eliminate "stealing time" claims. Soon enough, management will ask it's drivers to finish loading their trucks under "on road time". So, if the employees are asked to be honest at all times, why should we fudge times to make some bean counters numbers look good?
Having drivers code on road time in their boards (logs) when they haven't left the bldg is against federal DOT law. NEVER falsify on road time. time out or anything that affects your hours of work totals. YOU are liable for your DOT timecard not the company unless the company changes something in your log (Diad) without your permission that adds to or takes away from your hours in service.

Menotyou is correct in saying the actual code for doing preload work is P60 NOT Sort and Load. All time in the morning after the whopping 9 minutes we get from the PCM until we're supposed "Leave Building" is charged to the preload anyway. Sups handle the coding of Sort & Load vs. P60 differently. It's all the same result. It creates over allowed (unless it is coded out) but it still shows up on the daily dispatch report no matter what.

If they (the company) wants to dog you for running "over allowed" just keep a log of your leave bldg time daily and why you left late.

They HATE documentation kept by the hourlies.

Johney

Staying Off the radar while you manage yourself? Dragon tells you not to do it, even. But, nooooo, Dave knows better. I hope your new center manager feels the same.
If he see's it on the report so do his managers, they must not care. We were once allowed to do this but can not anymore.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I find that statement to be beyond hypocritical. He is the first to tell someone what they should do. Hypocrite. If you don't want to exchange ideas, words of wisdom, shared experiences, why are you here?

menotyou

bella amicizia
If he see's it on the report so do his managers, they must not care. We were once allowed to do this but can not anymore.
I work in the same local, have the same district manager, same BA, same labor sup. Why does my management team tell us NOT to do it, but his is ok with it?

Johney

I work in the same local, have the same district manager, same BA, same labor sup. Why does my management team tell us NOT to do it, but his is ok with it?
Welcome to UPS. Why am I not allowed to do it? Why are you not allowed?Why is he allowed? When you can answer that and all the other puzzles at UPS then you have done better than anyone I've known in 23 years of working there management or Union. Menotyou it's just one of those things you'll never get a straight answer to, so don't drive yourself crazy trying to get the answer.:happy2:There may come a time where Upstate is told to stop maybe not. I gave up asking ?'s a long time ago at work due to getting no answer or 5 different ones.

S

speeddemon

Sounds like an integrity issue. Sounds like they want you to falsify documents. Call corporate and report them.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I like to keep it simple.

My "leave building time" is when I drive out the gate. If I spend 5 or 10 or 30 or whatever minutes loading my car, how that time gets "coded out" is of no concern to me. I am paid by the hour. If some bean-counter wants to code it to "sort and load" he is more than welcome to. Hell, if he wants to code it out to "juggling beanbags while wearing a clown suit"....he is more than welcome to. It means nothing to me. It doesnt affect my pay. It only affects how I look on an operational report that I could care less about. To worry oneself about how the time gets coded means that you are buying into the idea that you have to "look good" on that report, and once you buy into that idea you completely lose sight of the only thing that truly matters....providing quality service in a safe manner.

Socrates

Ashamed of what? I make a lot more than you. I make more sitting here typing this one sentence than you will ever make in a day. Ashamed. Next joke.
You sure about that one? I'm in my late 20s with a Bachelor degree in a bad economy. UPS was my backup plan.

With you and your understanding of how the SEC works, it looks like UPS was your ONLY plan. Ever.

(3 months late. Sry.)

purplepilots

That's an integrity issue and whomever gave you that document should be held accountable for it. I should know, I've worked the other end, meaning, I would have "loved" to have "free labor" and not have to count the drivers load/unload time, but it would be unethical to do so. I would report and send in your document to your local HR. Good Luck, with Brown, you're gonna need it.

GolfCart

In the south , its AM time , we never leave on time . WE always leave 15-30 mins late EVERY day !! Its all on road time NOT preload .