Dirtbikers?

My first bike was a Honda Z 50. Rode that sucker forever. Then I got a 1981 Yz 80. My first big boy bike was a 1992 Rm125. I live near Budds Creek Maryland ( they have a pro race every year). I remember rooting for Chuck Sun, Danny Laporte, Bob Hannah and my favorite was David Bailey.

Sent using BrownCafe App

tiredofhelping

My first bike was a Honda Z 50. Rode that sucker forever. Then I got a 1981 Yz 80. My first big boy bike was a 1992 Rm125. I live near Budds Creek Maryland ( they have a pro race every year). I remember rooting for Chuck Sun, Danny Laporte, Bob Hannah and my favorite was David Bailey.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hannah
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407662521.149049.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSer171

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1407731158.061578.jpg

Love that KTM man! I rode the 450 back in last year up in Austin Tx. TJs cycles was having a KTM demo day over at a ranch southeast of Austin and I got a chance to try all of them, even the 350. The 350 was an awesome bike, however I still needed that extra power and the 450 was hands down the best bike I've ever ridden. Here's what I use to ride awhile back, 2006 Yamaha YZ250f. Use to race all over Texas from 2004-2011.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I used to race motocross when I was a teenager, I did okay in the 125 Expert class. This was taken in 1974, I was 15 and I'm sitting on an almost brand new Honda CR-125 Elsinore. I got one of the first two in the state, my dad knew the guy that owned Honda of Atlanta. I started out riding a yellow SL-70, I loved going trail riding. I never got into street bikes, I started driving cars and girls took up my time after this. I still wish I had a dirt bike, they cost too much and its harder to find a place to ride these days.

MXapril74.jpg

Last edited:

watdaflock?

Grew up close to Troy, Ohio but visited my uncle Bill out in the middle of no place in Michigan practically every summer. He had a Honda cr125, (2x) cr250's and his personal cr500 with the paddle tire for the dunes. Also a 3-wheeler Big Red model.

I mention Troy, Ohio because of Kenworthy's Motocross park. Was on the pro tour years ago and was one of the most enjoyable 3 day weekends every summer.

Dirt bikes were better in the 90's when we had the sound of 2-strokes.
BRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

tiredofhelping

Grew up close to Troy, Ohio but visited my uncle Bill out in the middle of no place in Michigan practically every summer. He had a Honda cr125, (2x) cr250's and his personal cr500 with the paddle tire for the dunes. Also a 3-wheeler Big Red model.

I mention Troy, Ohio because of Kenworthy's Motocross park. Was on the pro tour years ago and was one of the most enjoyable 3 day weekends every summer.

Dirt bikes were better in the 90's when we had the sound of 2-strokes.
BRAAAAAAAAP!!!!!

Troy was such an awesome track, but it was always so miserably hot. I was there from 96-2001. My buddies an I were down there in '96 at HOT, we were inside looking around when we heard the craziest sound. We ran outside and saw Mike Brown RIPPING a CR 80 powered shifter kart up and down the driveway. He stops and gets out and says 'holy sheet this things is too fast, it scares me' lol

Sent using BrownCafe App

rod

Retired 22 years
Our local MX track closed the door a couple of years ago. I was always amazed at the young crowd who attended it. Half of them would have a cast on either a leg or arm so I assumed they were ex-dirt bike riders--at least for that summer.

Indecisi0n

I used to race motocross when I was a teenager, I did okay in the 125 Expert class. This was taken in 1974, I was 15 and I'm sitting on an almost brand new Honda CR-125 Elsinore. I got one of the first two in the state, my dad knew the guy that owned Honda of Atlanta. I started out riding a yellow SL-70, I loved going trail riding. I never got into street bikes, I started driving cars and girls took up my time after this. I still wish I had a dirt bike, they cost too much and its harder to find a place to ride these days.

View attachment 15670

Look at that hair! You PIMP.

watdaflock?

Troy was such an awesome track, but it was always so miserably hot. I was there from 96-2001. My buddies an I were down there in '96 at HOT, we were inside looking around when we heard the craziest sound. We ran outside and saw Mike Brown RIPPING a CR 80 powered shifter kart up and down the driveway. He stops and gets out and says 'holy sheet this things is too fast, it scares me' lol
Think it was either '96 or '97 when they had all the rain? The parking lot and going mudding on all the field trails the other side of the fence was just as if not more fun then the races.
Everyone with out 4WD was stuck in the grass field parking/camping lots.....good times!

hawk

Good luck, I raced once, about 8 years ago out here in the west. Im afraid I will get hurt now. Awesome experience!

Sent using BrownCafe App