Dirty Trucks

Kenneth Waters

Just joined and found this by Googling UPS dirty truck. Looks like some old threads. But thought I would post again. I am appalled at the layers of dirts on the Brownies up here in N. TX. My dad was 42 years with UPS and was so proud of every truck being clean. He must be rolling in the grave over how they now look.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
It depends on your local facility. At ours we have an automatic car wash and car washers. But if your at a small center with just a hose good luck.

watdaflock?

You must not have seen the weather lately in the Midwest. The PC's need pontoons attached because of all the rain.

They won't get washed until winter time.

The Driver

I drive.
You must not have seen the weather lately in the Midwest. The PC's need pontoons attached because of all the rain.

They won't get washed until winter time.

I'm in the Midwest and the rain has been crazy, until this last week. Dry and hot. Didn't take but a few days and the cars are filthy again.

Might be a good idea to drive 'em through our flooded areas at this point.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
We don't have any of the automated car wash stuff everybody else seems to have so it's all done by hand. The only problem is corporate doesn't even give me enough time to park the trucks, never mind wash them. Cutting car wash time is how they're saving money right now.

Bottom rung

We don't have any of the automated car wash stuff everybody else seems to have so it's all done by hand. The only problem is corporate doesn't even give me enough time to park the trucks, never mind wash them. Cutting car wash time is how they're saving money right now.
It's been like that since the downturn. They won't clean or repair anything unless someone gets injured or there is a security issue. Welcome to ups. Where the one's that matter are on wall street.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's been like that since the downturn. They won't clean or repair anything unless someone gets injured or there is a security issue. Welcome to ups. Where the one's that matter are on wall street.
It's only getting worse which is sad. They cut my car wash time by 20% YOY. They tell me they want certain trucks washed at night. But I tell them every time, "I'll get them washed as you asked. But I'm not going to make my car wash number if we are doing it."

Guess what route they take?

bumped

When I was in a small center without a car was I just dragged the hose out and washed it myself when I wanted. I coded it as other work in the DIAD.

Tiny Panda

Ours are washed by Stevie Wonder or at least that's what it looks like, and they're only done when required. When i started 15 years ago it was every night regardless.

PT Car Washer

We're instructed not to gas or wash the package cars. That's left up to the building employees. You can guess how the cars look...
In my building the car washers are instructed to not wash or fuel package cars. 4 FT car washers 1 Art 22.3 and 2 PT to not wash 120+ cars. And no one is going to work harder then the person next to him.