Disability Insurance/FMLA Question

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I was discharged from the hospital last night with a referral from the doctor to have an outpatient medical procedure performed. I would be out of work recovering for 2-3 weeks. Newer driver with little sick/personal days. My local is pretty bad with sending us our information in a timely matter and sometimes automatically enrolls us in programs without informing us. I wanted to know if there is any disability insurance in our contract or if I would qualify for FMLA and if so does it pay out? I already left a message with my local and waiting to hear back. Any extra knowledge would be appreciated.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I was discharged from the hospital last night with a referral from the doctor to have an outpatient medical procedure performed. I would be out of work recovering for 2-3 weeks. Newer driver with little sick/personal days. My local is pretty bad with sending us our information in a timely matter and sometimes automatically enrolls us in programs without informing us. I wanted to know if there is any disability insurance in our contract or if I would qualify for FMLA and if so does it pay out? I already left a message with my local and waiting to hear back. Any extra knowledge would be appreciated.

How long have you been with the company and a driver ?

-Bug-

Poop Head

Judge me.
I'm on central states blue cross
Aetna now manages our FMLA and disability (I think) you need to have worked a certain amount of hours in the past year to qualify for x amount of leave. If you do qualify (FMLA) you won't get paid, but you will keep insurance coverage during the time you're off work.
How long have you been a driver?
Did you work pt before driving?

Edit: sounds like you're good, call Monday

rocket man

For short-term disability you have to call the union they have to notify teamcare they're going to give you a form that says teamcare you going to fill it out then you have to get the doctor to sign it. Then you going to call Aetna. On short term disability you can be covered by Aetna on your insurance and then you'll be getting very small checks from Teen care the first eight days you're on your own but at least you will be covered by Aetna for the insurance good luck