Discharge letters????

dboy33

ive been an employee for over a year..... i was wondering how many discharge letters do u get before ur officially discharged??

drewed

Shankman
ive been an employee for over a year..... i was wondering how many discharge letters do u get before ur officially discharged??
ummm????? what are you getting discharge letters for? attendance its normally a 3 strike rule in 9 months, first one you get a sit down and a warning letter, 2nd one you get a sit down warning letter and a 3 day, and the 3rd youre normally out but most on the 3rd you get a 5 day suspension....and tardie and absentee are separate so you get count strikes separately

dboy33

ok yeah... atendance is my problem...but im due to serve my 5day in like 2 weeks... but yesterday i woke up like 10 minutes into my shift and i live like 20 minutes aways from my warehouse...... but i left my lights on in my car and i had no one to gimme a lift.... i tried callin my center but no answer and no answer.... our center has a big problem with that..... but i ended up calling two of my buddies to let my supes know that i wasnt gna make it..... so i went to work today and my sup asked me what ahppened and i explained.... and i asked my belt supervisor if he had got the message from my buddy and he said yeah.... but when i was explaining to my main sup.. i let him know that my buddy had told him and my belt supervisor was like oh yeah i forgot to tell em...... now they gave me another no call no show... and i recieved my official discharge letter today.... so what do i do??? any help???

sx2700

Banned
ummm????? what are you getting discharge letters for? attendance its normally a 3 strike rule in 9 months, first one you get a sit down and a warning letter, 2nd one you get a sit down warning letter and a 3 day, and the 3rd youre normally out but most on the 3rd you get a 5 day suspension....and tardie and absentee are separate so you get count strikes separately

Let's see.....if I miss 2 days of work I get a 3 day suspension, which means a week off. That sounds good to me, unfortunately I don't think it works that way around here. They are so hard up for help here it's ridiculous.

bellesotico

BOXstar
ok yeah... atendance is my problem...but im due to serve my 5day in like 2 weeks... but yesterday i woke up like 10 minutes into my shift and i live like 20 minutes aways from my warehouse...... but i left my lights on in my car and i had no one to gimme a lift.... i tried callin my center but no answer and no answer.... our center has a big problem with that..... but i ended up calling two of my buddies to let my supes know that i wasnt gna make it..... so i went to work today and my sup asked me what ahppened and i explained.... and i asked my belt supervisor if he had got the message from my buddy and he said yeah.... but when i was explaining to my main sup.. i let him know that my buddy had told him and my belt supervisor was like oh yeah i forgot to tell em...... now they gave me another no call no show... and i recieved my official discharge letter today.... so what do i do??? any help???

Take the letter to your union steward.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, I don't know, maybe show up for work when you are supposed to?!

drewed

Shankman

exactly!!! on my sort ive had a lot of employees have attendace issues, and i can be sympathetic to issues in people lives but to me as true as it maybe to me if one of my employees told me this id pull the BS card on them and say youre SOL. the system is set up allow a lot ofl leway to the union side, youre sups just doing his job and protecting your coworkers and himself by getting rid of you

tritese

tritese

I don't understand employees with attendance issues. Once the documentation started I would fly straight! I think it takes a sorry employee to lose a union job. I mean all you have to do is show up and "do the best you can". I have no sympathy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can just imagine the phone call:

Uh, yeah, I know I was suppoda be at work, like, 10 minutes ago, but, dude, I just woke up and it's, like, 20 minutes to get there and, uh, I left my lights on and now my car won't start. Uh, yeah, I know this is, like, the 27th time this month, but, dude, I really planned on going there today, cuz this is the first day after my 5 day suspension for all of the other times that I couldn't be bothered to show up on time.

What do you mean you are firing me? You mean you want me to show up each and every day that I am scheduled to work? Dude, that is so going to interfere with my Play Station and Grand Theft Auto 265 tournament. This sucks!

tritese

tritese
oh, to answer your question....... call the local, file your grievance.......you only get ONE discharge letter after the suspensions.....and you had plenty of warnings.

Leftinbuilding

I can just imagine the phone call:

Uh, yeah, I know I was suppoda be at work, like, 10 minutes ago, but, dude, I just woke up and it's, like, 20 minutes to get there and, uh, I left my lights on and now my car won't start. Uh, yeah, I know this is, like, the 27th time this month, but, dude, I really planned on going there today, cuz this is the first day after my 5 day suspension for all of the other times that I couldn't be bothered to show up on time.

What do you mean you are firing me? You mean you want me to show up each and every day that I am scheduled to work? Dude, that is so going to interfere with my Play Station and Grand Theft Auto 265 tournament. This sucks!

Exactly my reaction. In fact, I started a post on personal responsibility but deleted it. He is not looking to improve himself, he is looking for a way out of trouble. Then he blames others because the supe didn't get the message. I get tired of it .

drewed

Shankman
This is the one part of a P/T sups job (other than the lack of respect they get from the friend/T drivers) that I would dread--dealing with some of these "kids".

Yea, Im 21 pt sup, i have 8 pt employees all of them have my cell number. If i know theyre calling in a let them leave a message and the next day when we have a sit down i put the message on speaker phone here are some doozies ive had:

I was watching anime all night and like umm yea im really tired this job is important to me but i dont think its safe for me to drive.....

I had to translate my bible into my native language so i can give a speech on sunday........

ive had numerous others, but my fav is the phone call that never came, he walks in on the next work day,
why werent you here on saturday?
umm i was sick.
well why didnt you call then?
uhh i dont have a phone
you called in last week?
that was my gfs phone
and youre still with her right?
umm yea, i was sleeping......

:)

bad company

semi-pro
ok yeah... atendance is my problem...but im due to serve my 5day in like 2 weeks... but yesterday i woke up like 10 minutes into my shift and i live like 20 minutes aways from my warehouse...... but i left my lights on in my car and i had no one to gimme a lift.... i tried callin my center but no answer and no answer.... our center has a big problem with that..... but i ended up calling two of my buddies to let my supes know that i wasnt gna make it..... so i went to work today and my sup asked me what ahppened and i explained.... and i asked my belt supervisor if he had got the message from my buddy and he said yeah.... but when i was explaining to my main sup.. i let him know that my buddy had told him and my belt supervisor was like oh yeah i forgot to tell em...... now they gave me another no call no show... and i recieved my official discharge letter today.... so what do i do??? any
help???

My advice would be for you to start looking for a new job. The classifieds of your local newspaper is probably a good place to start. You deserve to be terminated. UPS is unlike most companies, and give employees plenty of chances and opportunities to learn from their mistakes and correct the issue. UPS believes in progressive dicipline and firing someone is the last thing they want to do. They've already invested a lot of time and money in your training. You've abused the system and now must face the consequences. Hopefully you'll learn from this and will take your new job a little more seriously. I hope the union doesn't go out of their way to get your job back, because clearly there are other people out there that would rather have the opportunity to work at UPS.

It's been real...:peaceful:

Mike Hawk

My preload usually starts 3/4 staffed, not counting the later scheduled people, my supe doesn't care though, he gets here late too and he will be gone in 2 months. Some loaders will call in sick 5 times a month, with as many tardys but nothing happens, the people that show up on time pick up the slack. The worst part is when they show up late they don't punch in so when they have the morning OMS redo their timecard (oh I forgot to punch in) they are put in as on time even though they were late. I used to care, now I just sit back and watch the fireworks.

H

hseofpayne

Is this not the funniest thing you've ever seen?! I got fired today, should I just show up tommorow and act like nothing happened? What do you mean,go back home, I thought I got three firings before I was out! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: