Discharged Today

Foamer Pyle

I am glad they don't have these Nazi type rules where I work. Ups is already out of control when it comes rules that change day by day, or if your the person they want to enforce it on. They have so many rules, they can't keep up with them all. I am sure somewhere in managements handbook, they have the proper way to wipe your behind.

Holydriver

1) You are told not to bring a cell phone into the building
2) You do anyways
3) You try to sneak cell phone into building inside your boot
4) They find it once, and now you're mad because they keep asking you to take off your boot
5) Now you want us to feel bad that you're in trouble because you argued with security ??

How 'bout following rules for once !! The rule is there because people in your position have stolen phones before.
If you can't follow a simple order, do you really think you'll follow rules when you become a driver !!!!!

You can live without your cell phone for 4 hours. If you have a peanut allergy :rolleyes2:, they'll call you an ambulance !!!!!!!

giphy.gif
in the dudes defense, though, if you cant open your phone and show the call/text history that has time stamps on it and prove you own the phone, then youre being set up anyway

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Actually I'm very pleasant but I have a very low tolerance for BS. Having been in mid/upper management for a Japanese based company for 17+ years prior to my UPS career,I find UPS management to be,not very good. Most of them are good at being UPS management,that's all.
You left an upper level management job to be a UPS driver?
tumblr_nirg9pIre31t4fgzeo1_500.gif

Rack em

Made the Podium
Article 37? If you feel like they are gunning for you and constantly watching you then just file a grievance for harassment and they will back down immediately. They dont like the word harassment because that gets sup's fired

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I spent 42 weeks in a hospital undergoing chemo therapy. I didn't leave a "dream job" by choice. The company was amazing in helping me but they could not hold a job for a year and I had no idea FMLA existed

Sorry if this is true, but 42 weeks of In-Patient Chemo??? Max that I have ever heard of was 12 weeks. What about the lifetime cumulative maximum???? hhhmmmm...

fres431

No not really. I broke my foot one year and was out for weeks. The idoit supervisors didn't believe I broke it and made me walk from my area all the way up to the office. Then I had to deal with the other idiot the district guy you was folding my shoes back and forth telling me I should have steel toed boots. Which the idiot didn't know they were steel toed boots but regardless we don't have to have anyway. Supervisors aren't trained in nothing medical nor know anything medical. All they know is to deny deny and blame blame.
Just do what a coworker of mine did, laid on ground 911 called request ambulance didn't move till ambulance came, once ambulance came employee asked that all management steps away before being treated, they were then taking to er room. Ups eventually picked up the 10k tab. I gave the teamster props for that move!