*DISCHARGED*

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by T/Rutt, Feb 3, 2020.

1. KB24

KB24 New Member

So as of last Friday I was called into the office for a meeting because the previous day I failed to sheet up a planted "SALT Misload". I know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and sent in immediately or as soon as possible just as I always have since going back driving last August and acquiring my 30 days over peak. Long story short, forgetting to sheet a misload is NOT a dishonest act and is what I'm being discharged over. There was no "progressive discipline" involved (verbal warning, written warning,1 day suspension, 3-day etc) just a straight-up discharge until further notice. I've been with UPS for 12 years now. Needless to say I am absolutely Irate over this situation and want to take them for all they have. Filing for discrimination and harassment. Am I missing anything here?

• Old Old x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

3. OrioN

OrioN double tap o da horn dooshbag

so why didn't you sheet it?

SCAN EVERYTHING IN YOUR PACKAGE CAR unless told otherwise

4. KB24

KB24 New Member

I was back an icy lane and had trouble getting my truck out from the stop I had just completed so my concern was to get my truck out and safely back on the road before I sheeted it up but in the few minutes it took to do that I honestly just forgot about the misload and carried on with the next stop. Again, a completely honest mistake. I sometimes forget we work for a company that doesn't allow for any human-error. Ever

5. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

maybe ground will hire you

6. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

If you know that all misloads are to be sheeted up and called in immediately then why didn't you do that?

7. OrioN

well, i guess in your hearing, you can state that to them & hopefully get re-instated

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  8. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You ever been to a hearing?

Didn’t think so

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. OrioN

12 years of worry free service from the OP & he didn't get progressive discipline ?

was there a target on his back ??

he should definitely fight this...

10. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

Did you sheet the missload at all or did your management team find it in your truck?

11. DELACROIX

DELACROIX In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Standards of Procedures: Corporations tend to fire employees on Friday..Gives them two days to apply mental hardship to the discharged victim, also Lawyers generally do not work weekends for the most part..Monday you will have your local hearing...Get a roll of duct tape before your hearing and wrap it around your mouth..Been there and done that.

Again .. The Central Supplement article (i) (Dishonesty) at it's finest.

Good luck..

12. KB24

KB24 New Member

My sup confronted me the second I got back to building about the planted misload Thursday evening. It wasn't sheeted at all because I honestly just forgot to...

13. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Not mine, but it needed immortalizing.

Sounds like they've been waiting for an opportunity to fire you...

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Jones

So you went the whole rest of your day, finishing your deliveries, making your pickups, etc, and never noticed that misload that you had "forgotten about" sitting on the shelf?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. I could see someone forgetting to sheet it as missed but no excuse for not sending not in as a misload.

16. Jones

A brand new driver? Sure. Someone who's been here 12 years? Eh..

17. 542thruNthru

Well this is the issue.
    In UPS's eyes you should have sheeted it right away or at the very least sheeted it before returning to the building.

Not following the methods makes you look dishonest and that's what you were terminated for.

18. If I have a package like that I'm my package car I put a delivery notice on it so they it gets my attention later in the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. 542thruNthru

Sounds to me like the building has a issue with people not sheeting misloads and burning packages.

I think he's going to be the one they make a example of.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Jones

They don't just start salting someone's load for no reason. Looks like they got their man.