Disciplinary Actions Are Going Too Far

Meat

Tensions are running pretty high at my station due to nine straight months of forced OT, and the minimal pay increase this year.

I got a call to go in on my day off at the last minute to run a pickup route, and then work the reload.

Like I said, I was called at the last second, and I didn’t think to change my shoes (Common Projects Achilles Low, which retail around $400 plus).

When I got there, the PM Ops manager started giving me grief about the gold stenciling on my shoes (for those of you that are not familiar with Common Projects, they have a gold serial number, which is barely noticeable unless you really look).

He went as far as handing me a permanent marker, and asking if I would black out the stenciling. I straight up asked him if he was :censored2:ing joking, and I wound up getting two separate OLCC’s (one for a uniform violation - all black shoes required? - and one for inappropriate language).

I went to the Senior to complain, and she said she had to stand by her manager, and that they are trying to establish their authority, since many couriers think they can get away with rule violations because of the time they are putting in.

Has this company gone mad?

Why would management crack down on a model employee over something so trivial?

Last edited:

Meat

Next time say no when they call you in. The shoes I can see no action, the language, you are guilty.

I have pre and post tax contributions maxed out. That doesn’t happen when you wear polyester to work unless you pick up extra shifts when they are presented.

I agree, I should not have reacted the way I did, but it never would have happened with a more reasonable approach by my manager.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
If they were cracking down you would have gotten more than an OLCC for the language.

People tend to get worked up over an OLCC more than they would a warning letter or performance reminder. I can see issuing an OLCC and can see letting it go with "Hey, wear the right shoes next time." Depends on a lot of things.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Gold stenciling on shoes is all this idiot manager has to worry about? Gimme a break.

He's probably some pathetic loser. FedEx likes to put those types into management.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
While I kick back on the lake or golf course everyday, you are punching in to a job you hate. They put trout in a lake behind my house this week. Caught several this morning while you were slaving with boxes out the butt. Retirement is sweet.
Congrats on catching those trout in your dreams.

AB831

Tensions are running pretty high at my station due to nine straight months of forced OT, and the minimal pay increase this year.

I got a call to go in on my day off at the last minute to run a pickup route, and then work the reload.

Like I said, I was called at the last second, and I didn’t think to change my shoes (Common Projects Achilles Low, which retail around $400 plus).

When I got there, the PM Ops manager started giving me grief about the gold stenciling on my shoes (for those of you that are not familiar with Common Projects, they have a gold serial number, which is barely noticeable unless you really look).

He went as far as handing me a permanent marker, and asking if I would black out the stenciling. I straight up asked him if he was *ing joking, and I wound up getting two separate OLCC’s (one for a uniform violation - all black shoes required? - and one for inappropriate language).

I went to the Senior to complain, and she said she had to stand by her manager, and that they are trying to establish their authority, since many couriers think they can get away with rule violations because of the time they are putting in.

You shouldn't have cursed at your manager, but I totally understand your frustration. Most of the managers at FedEx have no skills professionally or personally other than knowing how to toe the corporate line for Fat Freddy, so they think that flexing their muscles to keep you in line about shoe stenciling is an effective way to command your respect. Just consider the source, and enjoy the overtime money you made.

floridays

He went as far as handing me a permanent marker, and asking if I would black out the stenciling. I straight up asked him if he was *ing joking, and I wound up getting two separate OLCC’s (one for a uniform violation - all black shoes required? - and one for inappropriate language).

You answered your phone on a day off.
You've proven your brain is composed of :poop:

Everything else you birthed is :bsbullf: .

Meat

You answered your phone on a day off.
You've proven your brain is composed of :poop:

Everything else you birthed is :bsbullf: .

I’m not complaining about working on my day off. I like to work, and quite frankly I’m fairly adept at investing my pre/post tax contributions, which makes it all the more worth while.

Actually, we seem to have similar value systems. It just so happens I live up to my ideals in regards to marriage and family, and you’re a straight up marriage hating, father hating piece of :censored2:.

Keep posting, I enjoy pointing out your moral shortcomings (probably why your ex dumped you on your ass - pathetic!).

!Retired!

1. I learned a long time ago not to answer your phone on your day off.Let them leave a message and call back 3 hours later.
2. It's only an OLCC....means diddley, move on

Meat

1. I learned a long time ago not to answer your phone on your day off.Let them leave a message and call back 3 hours later.
2. It's only an OLCC....means diddley, move on
I’m not trying to be combative, but it seems like the general consensus is that you shouldn’t work extra hours.

They say you need one or two million dollars to retire these days, and that generally motivates me to pick up the phone. It has nothing to do with helping out management or the company.