discipline for telematics

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Unless there is a supervisor on area observing you do what the telematics system says you are doing wrong even a warning letter won't stand. Telematics has proven to be wrong in many many instances. It is in contract telematics alone you can not be disciplined for. Upstate knows this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Unless there is a supervisor on area observing you do what the telematics system says you are doing wrong even a warning letter won't stand. Telematics has proven to be wrong in many many instances. It is in contract telematics alone you can not be disciplined for. Upstate knows this.

Customer called in a concern about a driver speeding through a residential section. Telematics confirmed that he was doing 56 in a 35. Driver received a warning letter.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Customer called in a concern about a driver speeding through a residential section. Telematics confirmed that he was doing 56 in a 35. Driver received a warning letter.

The company can give you a warning letter for anything.

They could give you one, for picking your nose.

That doesn't mean it's going to stick.

Always.... protest a warning letter, with a grievance.

Telematics can't be used solely for discipline but will definitely give the company an idea of what you're doing and if you're worth the time to observe.

Exactly.

The part in Article 37 about "the intent to defraud"....

Was to deter drivers from going "off area", to do personal business.

-Bug-

beavis

Too many glitches in the system to discipline. I remember a telematics sheet posted listing all the center's drivers average backing speed. Most were 2-3 mph. Mine was 35. I was hoping they would say something.