Discipline on telematics.......total bs

Rack em

Made the Podium
Don't worry the drivers, who obviously are at top rate, who get fired will be replaced by these awesome 22.4 jobs which is a total win for the union. #DTandHoffahaveourbacks!

Box Ox

I’m curious as to what the outrage is about the technology and discipline handshake language

Right column, 4th item down.

BYvUwAQ.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Part timers in my building aren't fired for being late,no call no shows,mis loads ,sexual harassment or insubordination now.I hardly doubt a secret vendetta will be unleashed on them from"technology"

moldsporh

I just dont see it making the cut...perhaps a bargaining chip?

Generally I have 10-12 dock stops, good bit of resis...backing goal averages 15-18 and changes....typical bs.

I foresee if this passes, I know for myself, that the package car will sit once I'm at or near the backing goal. Telematics is telematics. It's not a seat belt violation but "technology" is the language.

I'll call my steward, driver sup, then center mgr. Anything that will incur discipline, which paves the way for possible termination, I won't give them an inch.

Granted NE has some of the best snow removal equipment, but I know come winter my truck will be idling and I will be backing quite a number of times. So bring it on.

They can come get the truck and move it or remove any limitations from my telematics. If the latter, I will use that for any previous discipline for other drivers. This really is a foolish path for ups to take imo.

I still can't believe this is even in the talks......unreal.

542thruNthru

Part timers in my building aren't fired for being late,no call no shows,mis loads ,sexual harassment or insubordination now.I hardly doubt a secret vendetta will be unleashed on them from"technology"

Key words in bold.

Not the same here. Just had 2 PT guys fired. 1 got his job back so far. Waiting to see on the other.

Ghost in the Darkness

The union wanted to protect the pension after most of us have already had it cut. Contract after contract we have said protect the pension and they still effed it up. Too little too late now, we aren't getting that percentage cut back. They negotiated for themselves and they screwed us over yet again. Vote No as long as it takes to get some value out of your union dues from these donut eatin mf'ers. If they show up trying to sell it... give them an earful. Its you out there in the blowing snow and single digit temps, its you on those 95° days sweating carrying this company on your back. Eff the union and the company, stand up for what is yours.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
What inside jobs in your Bldg have gps or telematics?

ya know im still on the fence trying to decide whats what with this language. while it specifically list GPS, Telematics and any successor system (whatever that implies), it does NOT solely use the word technology. so even though they changed employee to driver, im not sure how that is bad for inside employees who scan or for that matter clerks who address correct.

Screenshot_2018-07-19 UPS-National-Master-TA-7-10-web pdf.png

this is the old language that doesn't really offer any protection in my understanding to inside employees to begin with. this new language really just adds telematics along with GPS and to me it gives a more defined protection. im at a loss as to why the need to change employee to driver though.

Section 6. Technology and Discipline
No employee shall be discharged if such discharge is based solely
upon information received from GPS or any successor system
unless he/she engages in dishonesty (defined for the purposes
of this paragraph as any intentional act or omission by an
employee where he/she intends to defraud the Company). The
Company must confirm by direct observation or other corroborating
evidence any other violations warranting discharge. The
degree of discipline dealing with off-area offenses shall not be
changed because of the use of GPS.

Last edited: