Discipline papers

HardknocksUPSer

At my center some of the guys have received discipline papers for misloads, and ect.. Some of them have put them in the back of their package cars and told the sups they want to review the sheet with their driver, later they throw them away, can that get you in trouble assuming you actually do ask your driver about the misload before you throw it away, isn't it the sups job to get the peice of paper back and if he/she doesn't come get it then it's not the employees problem, I am skeptical of these guys way of doing this.

PT Car Washer

If they were serious discipline papers there would be a copy. In my building preload manger is handing out misload warning letters like candy at Christmas.

HardknocksUPSer

If they were serious discipline papers there would be a copy. In my building preload manger is handing out misload warning letters like candy at Christmas.
Same here, except it's the PT sups, what exactly is the point of them? Nobody really seems to care, some sign 2-3 of them a day, what is management doing with the signed papers and why?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

what exactly is the point of them? Nobody really seems to care, some sign 2-3 of them a day, what is management doing with the signed papers and why?
They are put in your file. If they get sick of you they have documentation to prove you are worthy of a discharge.

Rarely ever happens though.

HardknocksUPSer

They are put in your file. If they get sick of you they have documentation to prove you are worthy of a discharge.

Rarely ever happens though.
Exactly why I keep documentation of my misloads, everyone else misloads, managements stupid decisions, number of peices loaded each day, ect.. They keep the dirt of me and everyone else, might as well do it on them to.

PT Car Washer

Exactly why I keep documentation of my misloads, everyone else misloads, managements stupid decisions, number of peices loaded each day, ect.. They keep the dirt of me and everyone else, might as well do it on them to.
I believe the Union Hall does keep track of the more overbearing sups and managers. Of course it is not the Union's job to discipline management but could be used in your defense.

HardknocksUPSer

I believe the Union Hall does keep track of the more overbearing sups and managers. Of course it is not the Union's job to discipline management but could be used in your defense.
How do they decide the need to keep "track of them"? I'm assuming through a steady patten of grievances filed?

oldngray

nowhere special
Even UPS keeps track of how many grievances are filed against supervisors. Many grievances may be thought of as a good thing to some people though.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Depends on the grievance type. Labor doesn't like too many legit 9.5 or harassment grievances on one manager and it will usually get them moved.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Many grievances may be thought of as a good thing to some people though.

It may show to upper management that a P/T supe is really cracking the whip on his people and showing them who is the boss. Shows initiative. (I guess)
If you get a grievance filed on you in my building you get a verbal beating.

I always find it amazing on here how much you hear about filing. We've honestly had one grievance in my center in the two years I've been there. Almost everything is fixed by just talking it out.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you get a grievance filed on you in my building you get a verbal beating.

I always find it amazing on here how much you hear about filing. We've honestly had one grievance in my center in the two years I've been there. Almost everything is fixed by just talking it out.
I'm the same way. I always try to resolve my issues with management before filing and my DM appreciates it and legitimately works with me. Last time I warned my 9.5 wasn't being respected it was fixed the next day.

I can't figure out my new center manager yet though. It sounds like he's encouraging me to file. I mentioned an issue to him and he said I don't have a grievance for that...I was like do you want one? He said no and just stared blankly.