disciplined for driver follow up?

Can you be disciplined for having to many driver follows up? We have a cover driver that's only been driving for about 6 months and I think he almost has a driver follow up once a week. Drivers hate when he covers their route because they plan on having a driver follow up when they return. I had 2 driver follow ups this week from him covering my route last week.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Can you be disciplined for having to many driver follows up? We have a cover driver that's only been driving for about 6 months and I think he almost has a driver follow up once a week. Drivers hate when he covers their route because they plan on having a driver follow up when they return. I had 2 driver follow ups this week from him covering my route last week.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438784732.665568.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

Nope. In fact....he'll probably be rewarded with more stops and having to help all of the "slugs" like me that follow the methods. And expect him to be on here bitching about that later. LOL!

BostonBo

Loss Prevention will catch up with him (eventually). And maybe nicely suggest to his supervisor that this is what this new guy has been up to, and might need "retraining".

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Driver follow ups are more rampant with newer drivers the chuck and go because they are nervous on the time ,,, but if he friend',,: up at a two or three family or bus or sig only,, he's buying some parcels !! You senior guys need to calm him down before he gets burned !

oldngray

nowhere special
If you have a lot of follow ups expect more scrutiny and possible harassment over your DR methods. As long as you follow the rules you have nothing to worry about it. If you get hassled then let them complain about more send agains when you are more careful about who and where you DR. A lot of it is knowing the people and areas you deliver and where to be careful.

upschuck

Driver follow ups are more rampant with newer drivers the chuck and go because they are nervous on the time ,,, but if he friend',,: up at a two or three family or bus or sig only,, he's buying some parcels !! You senior guys need to calm him down before he gets burned !
I don't think I've ever heard of a driver paying for a parcel, here. They go the letter route, if it gets too rampant.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I don't think I've ever heard of a driver paying for a parcel, here. They go the letter route, if it gets too rampant.[/QUOTE
. They have paid for parcels on bad DR's up here in ENE district ,, had a guy cover me one time and put a custom colt revolver thru mail slot at a gun shop ! Said they never signed or got it ,, he paid

oldngray

nowhere special
I don't think I've ever heard of a driver paying for a parcel, here. They go the letter route, if it gets too rampant.

Here if it worth over $100 and UPS can prove you messed up then you might have to pay. Usually doesn't happen but I have seen some drivers buying packages. Usually misdelivered to wrong address since that is what is easier for UPS to prove.

upschuck

Here if it worth over $100 and UPS can prove you messed up then you might have to pay. Usually doesn't happen but I have seen some drivers buying packages. Usually misdelivered to wrong address since that is what is easier for UPS to prove.
Same rules here, too. Never seen it happen though.

Have seen a driver pay on a DOT violation.

wayfair

swollen member
Cover guy dr'd a 42" Samsung Tv, clearly marked... you know how they ship 'em...

I got the follow up the next day... smh

UPSGUY72

He could be made to get a signature at every address. Are the people actually getting there packages in the end or are still claim they never got it ?

T

Turdferguson

Knew a guy here have to pay for a ring he miss delivered to wrong apt. Person who got says they didn't. They took 25.00 a week out of his check until he paid it off

I don't think it's fair to make a driver pay for something that he "accidentally" mis delivered...Any driver can easily misdeliver a package.. but 90% of times someone misdelivers a package the customer either delivers it themselves or calls ups to complain....