Dishonesty

My sup said that I was being dishonest because I sheeted a package as not found and on Tuesday I will be disciplined. The package was in my truck and it had 3 different pals on it, I unfortunately did not read the actual label, I was just glancing at the forward pal. I did not see the respective pal number after 3-4 minutes of searching, Earlier there was a hello fresh or something of that nature box that did not have an apartment number on it, so I dealt with that, pushed everything to the front. The box that is in question is not a large box, and I guess I just did not see it and went back to the building.

I dealt with the hello fresh, and put the other box in the truck that they use for send agains on Saturday, I get a message on the diad after I already put everything away saying to make sure if you sheeted a package as not found to deliver it. I know that I should have checked the truck thoroughly, but I can not see what I was being dishonest about. I asked for the time of the diad message, and it was like 10 minutes after I got back the the building. I really hope I do not get fired for something so simple.

charm299

My sup said that I was being dishonest because I sheeted a package as not found and on Tuesday I will be disciplined. The package was in my truck and it had 3 different pals on it, I unfortunately did not read the actual label, I was just glancing at the forward pal. I did not see the respective pal number after 3-4 minutes of searching, Earlier there was a hello fresh or something of that nature box that did not have an apartment number on it, so I dealt with that, pushed everything to the front. The box that is in question is not a large box, and I guess I just did not see it and went back to the building.

I dealt with the hello fresh, and put the other box in the truck that they use for send agains on Saturday, I get a message on the diad after I already put everything away saying to make sure if you sheeted a package as not found to deliver it. I know that I should have checked the truck thoroughly, but I can not see what I was being dishonest about. I asked for the time of the diad message, and it was like 10 minutes after I got back the the building. I really hope I do not get fired for something so simple.
We just had a driver get fired for that. He got his job back without back pay

That is unfortunate. I have been on a 1 day layoff (they text me the prior day) for the last 2 months. I am not in need of money right now, but I am planning on proposing to my girlfriend in the coming months.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
My union steward is good. I guess that some one was accused of dishonesty a couple weeks earlier, and he just got a slap on the wrist.
Here I’ve seen people come back without finishing the route but they never did anything until about the 3rd time. You should be okay.

Here I’ve seen people come back without finishing the route but they never did anything until about the 3rd time. You should be okay.
That gives me some hope. I really do not see how I was dishonest. If I saw the message before hand I would say that would be dishonest, but the fact that I received the message around 10 minutes after I got back to the building.

I am just hoping I do not get perma canned. The whole situation is pretty remarkable. The sup screamed my name and told me to get in her office, I felt like I was being talked down too so much. Is there no room for common decency in this job?

If everything goes decent, I will make sure that I 100% check my truck from now on. Today was just a :censored2:ty day. Had to swap trucks in the morning with an air driver because the truck I was in did not have the new DIAD cradle. The new DIAD consistently freezes/crashes. Not a fun day.

charm299

If everything goes decent, I will make sure that I 100% check my truck from now on. Today was just a :censored2:ty day. Had to swap trucks in the morning with an air driver because the truck I was in did not have the new DIAD cradle. The new DIAD consistently freezes/crashes. Not a fun day.
What do you need a diad cradle for?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

In the future may I suggest not hitting the "not found" option on the DIAD for any package....ever?

If you don't and the package is found and reported on another route, it will populate off your delivery list.

....also if the package is not found elsewhere you will have a list of unaccounted for packages to cross reference with what's left on your car when you finish.