Dispatch favoritism

I understand that senior drivers have gravy routes and deserve them. Our dispatch guy is really good friends with a guy who started around when I did. I got slammed...bad... all week and this one guy had 3 days with a 4pm end time, and one with a 3:20 all while being able to punch out before even any of the senior drivers come back.
Just wondering if there is anything I am able to do? My computer end time is always at 7:30 or 8.

And these routes are strictly residential and we are floater drivers. No matter what route he is on it's a 6-7 hour dispatch and doesn't do utility after

Yeah I'm on it and so is he. Its just the fact that I have stressful days with :censored2:ty loads because of the dispatch and then you got the dispatchers friend with a cake day

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I understand that senior drivers have gravy routes and deserve them. Our dispatch guy is really good friends with a guy who started around when I did. I got slammed...bad... all week and this one guy had 3 days with a 4pm end time, and one with a 3:20 all while being able to punch out before even any of the senior drivers come back.
Just wondering if there is anything I am able to do? My computer end time is always at 7:30 or 8.

And these routes are strictly residential and we are floater drivers. No matter what route he is on it's a 6-7 hour dispatch and doesn't do utility after

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Orion 100%
Eta: 24:00
Problem solved!

🧔✊

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

How many stops?

FromOffTheStreets

The guy probably sucks so they give him easier days & max you because your more "capable". That's the way it works around here anyways.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Is it stuff in an area you both share?
I would be looking at the routes who are around your general area as well and see their stop count and time done

Yes it is in an area that we share and even with others who have noticed the easy days that person gets. He gets a 6 hour dispatch in a regular truck while we also have people going out with 170 stops in a rental every day.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Nothing in the contract will help you get a fair and even dispatch with your coworker, file 9.5 and file on any contract issues you see is all you can do. Happens in every center and will happen in the future, like I said a food bribe can go along way in management sometimes.

FromOffTheStreets

Yes it is in an area that we share and even with others who have noticed the easy days that person gets. He gets a 6 hour dispatch in a regular truck while we also have people going out with 170 stops in a rental every day.
We had the exact same situation in our center. Guy was running a partial non bid route daily ever since he started. They couldn't "trust" him anywhere else.
That route went up for bid recently, lol. Guy was freaking out making phone calls up the ladder trying to keep the route because he had no chance of winning the bid.
On the other issue, I have no idea why they send out routes that are 11 or 12 hours, & then put out 3 or 4 hour partials. It makes 0 sense.

quad decade guy

This ain't the case though. He is a good worker and can do the job well. He's just one of the dispatchers friends
Or more.

Happens in feeders too. Certain folks seem to have WAD runs that start at 8am and get off at 4pm. Using new tractors. One certain female that sure has short shorts that in no way are regulation...

Overpaid Union Thug

Orion 100%
Eta: 24:00
Problem solved!

🧔✊
That’s right! I recently won a bid on a sweet route due to some retirements and my stop count was immediately lower than it was for the driver that bid off of it (he has more seniority) and the previous driver before him who is now unassigned. Neither can understand how I accomplished that. I just reply “ORION is the key.”

vvv

Got 30+ years in myself buddy, and seniority doesn't mean :censored2:.

You get their attention and a softer route by having a sharp mind, big heart (self pride), and a good amount hanging between your legs so to say.....and doing the job to high standards in all aspects.

You wanna be someones doormat and you'll be stepped on over n over. You want to have respect for yourself, and have them respect you.....then you know what to do. There's 30 year guys in my center just like me that get dumped on time and time again for years because they keep producing and run......cut corners. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Got 30+ years in myself buddy, and seniority doesn't mean *.

You get their attention and a softer route by having a sharp mind, big heart (self pride), and a good amount hanging between your legs so to say.....and doing the job to high standards in all aspects.

You wanna be someones doormat and you'll be stepped on over n over. You want to have respect for yourself, and have them respect you.....then you know what to do. There's 30 year guys in my center just like me that get dumped on time and time again for years because they keep producing and run......cut corners. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

This has my nomination for post of the decade.

It should be required reading for any driver on this forum that has under 5 years of service.