Dispatching for a specific driver

OrionsBitch

Not...
Management has been continually over dispatching a bid route that I constantly have to cover. The route is owned by a runner and gunned who skips their lunch and breaks. They sprint to stops etc. This is a country route that shouldn't have more than 100stops max. But it is constantly being dispatched with 135-140. I know they are over dispatching for this guy because if the route is covered for a week by another driver the stop count is between 95-100. As soon as he is back up goes the count.

KOG72

I’m full of it
No it's on me....he shows up and decides she doesn't want to work and I get forced on it 4 days a week with his dispatch.
Go your speed stop and take your lunch and when they send that eta message tell'em 22:00 with 40 to 50 stops left someone will come bail you out.Hell if I would kill my self for some dip :censored2: who wants to run all day.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Go your speed stop and take your lunch and when they send that eta message tell'em 22:00 with 40 to 50 stops left someone will come bail you out.Hell if I would kill my self for some dip :censored2: who wants to run all day.
That's what I do but nothing ever changes. Thats why I'm asking if I can file. Tired of working till 8:00four nights a week and not seeing my kids bc some jerkoff can't slow down.

KOG72

I’m full of it
That's what I do but nothing ever changes. Thats why I'm asking if I can file. Tired of working till 8:00four nights a week and not seeing my kids bc some jerkoff can't slow down.
If you're on the 9.5 list they are not suppose to dispatch you over 9.5 more than twice in one week.

542thruNthru

This is your problem right here. Getting in at 8 is reasonable to them. If I was dispatched like that you'd seem me at 10 every night. 8 is late to you not to them.

I tell the guys that can't get on 9.5 all the time. You need to grit your teeth and tank it HARD for a few weeks.

OrionsBitch

Not...
This is your problem right here. Getting in at 8 is reasonable to them. If I was dispatched like that you'd seem me at 10 every night. 8 is late to you not to them.

I tell the guys that can't get on 9.5 all the time. You need to grit your teeth and tank it HARD for a few weeks.
That's is stupid. I pay my union dues like every other driver. I shouldn't have to take matters into my own hands.

Over 70

If you're not on the 9.5 list how can the union tell ups how to dispatch their employees? Even if you're on the list they can't tell them how to dispatch only that they'll pay xxx dollars if they go over time.

Sure a fair days work...so that means you set that pace and if you run out of hours you run out of hours. It then puts the ball in their court to make a change.

OrionsBitch

Not...
If you're not on the 9.5 list how can the union tell ups how to dispatch their employees?

Sure a fair days work...so that means you set that pace and if you run out of hours you run out of hours. It then puts the ball in their court to make a change.
Yeah and they will figure out how to dispatch me so I'm right at 60 hours every week. That never works. I'm not top rate. They will gladly work me 60 hours a week .

542thruNthru

That's is stupid. I pay my union dues like every other driver. I shouldn't have to take matters into my own hands.

So you're going to grieve that UPS pays you for all the over time you receive doing that route??

You have no grievance. Everyone gets over time. The only way out of it is 9.5. Since you can't go on 9.5 you are out of luck. I feel for you I really do but to think the union can step in and change the route is childish.

I'm sorry I've been there, everyone has.

Over 70

Yeah and they will figure out how to dispatch me so I'm right at 60 hours every week. That never works. I'm not top rate. They will gladly work me 60 hours a week .

As a cover driver myself, I wish I had 60 hours a week and I have a wife and young kid. Perspective is everything I guess

UPS Preloader

I'm under 4 years so I can't get on the list. Plus I can't bid a route for a week either.

If your covering route for those that call out sick, I believe this is accurate. However, if you are ever assigned to cover a route due to a vacation, you can go on the list if you go over 9.5 three times that week. (At least here in New England.) Every Monday you want to ask whose run your covering and why?

OrionsBitch

Not...
So you're going to grieve that UPS pays you for all the over time you receive doing that route??

You have no grievance. Everyone gets over time. The only way out of it is 9.5. Since you can't go on 9.5 you are out of luck. I feel for you I really do but to think the union can step in and change the route is childish.

I'm sorry I've been there, everyone has.
The Union is the one that allowed this change in the past contract. I get what you're saying. But the union should get back the ability for drivers under 4 years to get in the list. They should also force managment to stay until the blast driver is in.

542thruNthru

The Union is the one that allowed this change in the past contract. I get what you're saying. But the union should get back the ability for drivers under 4 years to get in the list. They should also force managment to stay until the blast driver is in.

I understand where you are coming from. I'm sure the issue will be brought to the unions attention during contract meetings. Until then I recommend suffering for a couple weeks to alleviate your overtime. You tank a route enough times and they are forced to make a change.

OrionsBitch

Not...
I understand where you are coming from. I'm sure the issue will be brought to the unions attention during contract meetings. Until then I recommend suffering for a couple weeks to alleviate your overtime. You tank a route enough times and they are forced to make a change.
Yeah :censored2:ing right. The Union only cares about making more money themselves. Nothing but hot air politicians.

542thruNthru

Yeah :censored2:ing right. The Union only cares about making more money themselves. Nothing but hot air politicians.

OK well I don't know what to tell you man. Maybe if you complain about it enough the union fairy will come and change it for you.

You knew what the job was when you took it. If you didn't then you should have looked into it. Go to a union meeting and voice your opinion. Something tells me you won't though.

OrionsBitch

Not...
OK well I don't know what to tell you man. Maybe if you complain about it enough the union fairy will come and change it for you.

You knew what the job was when you took it. If you didn't then you should have looked into it. Go to a union meeting and voice your opinion. Something tells me you won't though.
Yeah a fair and honest days work is what they told me that's 6:30 sometimes 7.....8:00+ isn't a fair days work