disqualified 22.4 :(

rickyb

taxation is theft. try not paying taxes on "your land", "your house". but these days the government just prints money. taxes dont make a dent in their spending. money is just printed now. they print it and use it how they want, not how an effecient, sensible society should use it.

lol, sensible society. am I high on oprah or something?
you should be happy you can still run deficits. i dont think europeans can do that. its an economic dead zone bc of austerity and balanced budgets.

taxation is economic distribution or redistribution. not a big deal.

Federal Reserve Chairman

Don't take any negative comments personal, here or in the hub. In order to qualify you have to well liked or do what you're not supposed to; show up early to sort your truck, run off your stops, work through lunch, no brakes, etc... When you get to a pickup, separate your airs/int and throw the rest in. See if you can hit any PU's early.
No brakes could be a problem. Safety first.

11.19igrad

you should be happy you can still run deficits. i dont think europeans can do that. its an economic dead zone bc of austerity and balanced budgets.

taxation is economic distribution or redistribution. not a big deal.
not when you pay taxes and corporations dont.
not when taxes pay for stuff we cant even begin to imagine and they like it that way.

22.4 driver

Did you take your lunch or work through it?
When qualifying, a lot of us worked through our lunch. I'm sure supervision knew but didn't mind.
If you're new, and take a full hour of inactivity, that can prevent you from scratching a route.

At my hub they wnat people who take lunch to scratch . They want you organizing car and eating quick and still scratching cause they know you’re gonna start taking lunch when you’re Union .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its probably because you are white and you don't fit the profile and someone else in the building that they like better is next in line. Sucks to hear that I would call the manager and beg for another chance use human emotion against him.
My best friend had been trying to get on for years. Wouldn’t hire him because his dad was a driver. His dad retired so that his son could start driving. Yes off the street hire. Told his dad the next opening was his sons.

Job comes open 4-5 months later. Sorry we can’t hire him he’s not a minority.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My best friend had been trying to get on for years. Wouldn’t hire him because his dad was a driver. His dad retired so that his son could start driving. Yes off the street hire. Told his dad the next opening was his sons.

Hmm.

We have multiple pre-load and Hub people whose parents are pkg and feeder drivers.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Hmm.

We have multiple pre-load and Hub people whose parents are pkg and feeder drivers.
Same. Had a mother and her son both working preload, had a father and son both driving in the same delivery center (the father's niece also drives out of the same building). Feeder driver I worked with had his daughter working local sort at the same building.

I'm thinking they just don't like your buddy.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hmm.

We do to but this specific center never hired any family members. They offered him jobs in other centers but he didn’t want to drive an hour to work. It worked out fine for him. He’s making far more money now than he would have driving.

But let’s not pretend there isn’t a quota sometimes.