disqualified 22.4 :(

cachmeifucan

How do you know what box he checks for race?
I didn't see that mentioned anywhere.
Do you want the honest answer. My guess is that he was white. And if this happened to a non white that's racist. Wait and see if he tells us. I bet he's white and the guy who dq him isn't. I hope I'm wrong but nobody feels sympathy for the overqualified caucasian who they think can go anywhere and get a job.

cachmeifucan

And because on the first post he sounded dedicated and hurt and he went looking for advice to help on his next try. Is that racist or honest I don't care if the truth hurts

Est.1998

And because on the first post he sounded dedicated and hurt and he went looking for advice to help on his next try. Is that racist or honest I don't care if the truth hurts
Whoa.
In my hub, the minority of it's employees are white.
This includes management.
What you stated goes beyond generalization.
Normally when a person of any race attempts to better themselves and fail, they want to know what they could've done to succeed.
This is why we have successful people of all races in all professions.

cachmeifucan

I actually just had this happen at Bedford park Illinois so this Hispanic guy I know great guy kind of lazy left catch to drive package in Bedford park. He couldn't take it so he voluntarily came back and he said the Hispanic manager was begging him to stay. 1 month later a white guy goes to drive in Bedford park for the same Hispanic manager and gets scratched and he is the runner gunner type. He said manager was a ass and let some obese Hispanic guy keep the job and my friend knew he had to be way faster. He ended up back at Cach. I gave him the business agent number to file and guess what they gave him another chance. He now has the job racism works both ways everyone looks out for their own.

cachmeifucan

Whoa.
In my hub, the minority of it's employees are white.
This includes management.
What you stated goes beyond generalization.
Normally when a person of any race attempts to better themselves and fail, they want to know what they could've done to succeed.
This is why we have successful people of all races in all professions.
I'm a super minority at cach I'm not saying other races are bad it's just my honest opinion.

Dumbo

Did you cut miles? Did you not have enough pickup volume? Ironically UPS punishes you via the numbers if you are too efficient, like trimming miles for example. You need to make sure you get all the miles it says you are supposed to run.

Some routes just don't have enough time allowance so that's something you can request they check into. For example a pickup on a route I've done gives you 7 minutes. It's only about 60 pieces but each one is 60lbs and large and cumbersome so it's about 40 minutes.

You also need enough stops to make it scratchable. So if you think you are working fast and getting to pickups early so confused as to why you're over, maybe there isn't enough stops. Tell them next time to give you more stops.

Est.1998

I actually just had this happen at Bedford park Illinois so this Hispanic guy I know great guy kind of lazy left catch to drive package in Bedford park. He couldn't take it so he voluntarily came back and he said the Hispanic manager was begging him to stay. 1 month later a white guy goes to drive in Bedford park for the same Hispanic manager and gets scratched and he is the runner gunner type. He said manager was a ass and let some obese Hispanic guy keep the job and my friend knew he had to be way faster. He ended up back at Cach. I gave him the business agent number to file and guess what they gave him another chance. He now has the job racism works both ways everyone looks out for their own.
Ain't no telling what that guy was doing that had the manager act like that. Most if not all runner/gunners violate safety trying to get stops off. Your "buddy" could've been told multiple times about it, now the supe is an a-hole. I'd rather a guy like that is dq than passed and kills someone performing bad habits.

cachmeifucan

Yea that's why he got the call back and never came back this was last peak season. The 2 guys even talked about it how the manager was basically begging him to stay and he couldn't do the job while the other guy could and wanted the job but was sent back while some obese guy got the job.

cachmeifucan

When I tried package car I was already a union steward. I had 5 years pt. So I get to the center and the guy tells me I start at 730 but don't get paid until 830. They wanted me to help the guy load my truck. I was like if I'm not on the clock I'm not working for free. He tells me the guy next to me been here 20 years and he loads his truck starting at 7am. I said good for him il be here at 815 to start at 830. Then they tell me they take 1 hour lunch from my time everyday even though I'm taking 15 min lunch and pissing in bottles just to save time. Now it's a little different but I'm glad I dq myself. Went back I'm not working for free for 8 hours a week bump that. Yea I make way less. 32.09 but happiness is worth more

Est.1998

When I tried package car I was already a union steward. I had 5 years pt. So I get to the center and the guy tells me I start at 730 but don't get paid until 830. They wanted me to help the guy load my truck. I was like if I'm not on the clock I'm not working for free. He tells me the guy next to me been here 20 years and he loads his truck starting at 7am. I said good for him il be here at 815 to start at 830. Then they tell me they take 1 hour lunch from my time everyday even though I'm taking 15 min lunch and pissing in bottles just to save time. Now it's a little different but I'm glad I dq myself. Went back I'm not working for free for 8 hours a week bump that. Yea I make way less. 32.09 but happiness is worth more
Yeah that's crazy.
What is it you do at your hub?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Doubt you could have made it as a driver anyway

#Hubratforever

cachmeifucan

Sure I actually love my life. After pickups and unloading my next day air it was like 630 7 PM the driver before me had route for 20 years and they wouldn't let her train me she went to feeder. Go home eat sleep wake up do again no thanks. I go to sleep at 9 PM get my day done by 2 or 3 pm I could work more if I want or 8 hours and go nothing mandatory. I'm a living legend at cach. Do what I want when I want. If I take a day off never get a write up get to take my son to soccer or baseball never miss anything. Sleep with my wife. Best decision I made

RolloTony Brown Town

Did you cut miles? Did you not have enough pickup volume? Ironically UPS punishes you via the numbers if you are too efficient, like trimming miles for example. You need to make sure you get all the miles it says you are supposed to run.

Some routes just don't have enough time allowance so that's something you can request they check into. For example a pickup on a route I've done gives you 7 minutes. It's only about 60 pieces but each one is 60lbs and large and cumbersome so it's about 40 minutes.

You also need enough stops to make it scratchable. So if you think you are working fast and getting to pickups early so confused as to why you're over, maybe there isn't enough stops. Tell them next time to give you more stops.

from reading OP’s post it appears he was working through his lunch and still wasn’t scratching.

the time allowances on a per piece basis is uniform between 0-70lbs which sucks if you pickup from a paper company that is shipping heavy.

The mileage and being under dispatch are good points too

but if this dude was working while on lunch, basically giving time back, and was still paid over? He probably wasn’t performing up to snuff.

DQing someone on day 29 sucks, but sometimes you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. The steward could be telling you to give him the full 30 cause he might figure it out.

Not to mention just learning the job itself. I’ve had drivers that can’t remember big arrow freaking down and they’ll be at day 10 lol Then they spend 2 more weeks trying to get good at the job and we’re at day 20 but the kid’s got gusto so you roll the dice to see if he’ll get it. Then 2 more weeks go by and he still can’t figure it out. Now you gotta crush little Jimmy’s dreams and tell him he can’t hack it.

Dumbo

from reading OP’s post it appears he was working through his lunch and still wasn’t scratching.

the time allowances on a per piece basis is uniform between 0-70lbs which sucks if you pickup from a paper company that is shipping heavy.

The mileage and being under dispatch are good points too

but if this dude was working while on lunch, basically giving time back, and was still paid over? He probably wasn’t performing up to snuff.

DQing someone on day 29 sucks, but sometimes you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place. The steward could be telling you to give him the full 30 cause he might figure it out.

Not to mention just learning the job itself. I’ve had drivers that can’t remember big arrow freaking down and they’ll be at day 10 lol Then they spend 2 more weeks trying to get good at the job and we’re at day 20 but the kid’s got gusto so you roll the dice to see if he’ll get it. Then 2 more weeks go by and he still can’t figure it out. Now you gotta crush little Jimmy’s dreams and tell him he can’t hack it.

Yeah I didn't read the whole thread and just assumed from what I scanned that he was getting done early. But yeah the unfortunate bottom line in qualifying is that they give you a couple days to train, then throw you our there and you either sink or swim. If they think you'll be a pain in the ass in the future, then they will axe you at the last minute.

cachmeifucan

Yeah I didn't read the whole thread and just assumed from what I scanned that he was getting done early. But yeah the unfortunate bottom line in qualifying is that they give you a couple days to train, then throw you our there and you either sink or swim. If they think you'll be a pain in the ass in the future, then they will axe you at the last minute.
But he was a 22.4= cheap labor. I could see having higher standard for a package car driver. But 22.4 should be a cake walk