Disqualified during peak

CD0314

So I was disqualified today, Friday would have been my 30 days. They also sent me out to drive and told me I will continue to drive through seasonal. That doesn't make any sense to tell me I'm not qualified to drive, but will continue to drive. Is this how it typically works?

So I was disqualified today, Friday would have been my 30 days. They also sent me out to drive and told me I will continue to drive through seasonal. That doesn't make any sense to tell me I'm not qualified to drive, but will continue to drive. Is this how it typically works?
They don't want you to be a regular driver but are desperate enough to keep you as a peak driver.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Looks like you just got promoted to seasonal / future pt supe.

Indecisi0n

It's how they screw you . They use you all peak as a temp then cut you loose . Welcome to the suck.

CD0314

It's how they screw you . They use you all peak as a temp then cut you loose . Welcome to the suck.

What do you mean cut me loose? I did seasonal drive last year and I have been a preloader part time for over a year as well as a Saturday air driver so I can keep doing that I assume, right?

Indecisi0n

What do you mean cut me loose? I did seasonal drive last year and I have been a preloader part time for over a year as well as a Saturday air driver so I can keep doing that I assume, right?
Yes you can. Their goal is to get the packages delivered with the least amount of "official" drivers . They use casuals/seasons/PVDs etc to achieve this .

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
If your willing to call there bluff, go grab your driver steward. Go tell whoever told you that you didn’t make it that you’ll be showing up to preload starting tomorrow, seeing as you didn’t make it. See what they say. They are desperate right now. Let them know that you’d like to attempt to qualify again as soon as the contract allows you to.

Fuzzy Brown

Were you qualifying for full time or RTD?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Why disqualified? Did you grieve it? They usually only mess with seasonals or new hires and the bait and switch routine, since the union won't back them

CD0314

Were you qualifying for full time or RTD?
Full time... but they said they were dq'ing me for forgetting to clock out for my break yesterday. I started out a little slow during training, they didn't have work for me for about 4 weeks in the middle of training, but made scratch for the 4 days until yesterday and yesterday I went 15 minutes over.

CD0314

Why disqualified? Did you grieve it?
I didn't know I had a right to grieve it if I'm not a full time driver yet? The steward was in there when they told me and they were very straight forward that I was dq'd and this was how it was and I would be able to drive through this week and peak.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Full time... but they said they were dq'ing me for forgetting to clock out for my break yesterday. I started out a little slow during training, they didn't have work for me for about 4 weeks in the middle of training, but made scratch for the 4 days until yesterday and yesterday I went 15 minutes over.

Like everyone else said, just the way to use and abuse you. When they are done, you will go back to your regular gig.

CD0314

Like everyone else said, just the way to use and abuse you. When they are done, you will go back to your regular gig.
Is there a specific amount of time that you are dq for? I will ask later, but was kind of taken aback as I had hoped I was doing well and would qualify and didn't ask during that meeting.

Indecisi0n

I didn't know I had a right to grieve it if I'm not a full time driver yet? The steward was in there when they told me and they were very straight forward that I was dq'd and this was how it was and I would be able to drive through this week and peak.
It's a slippery slope to go at them like this. If you do lose you can kiss driving goodbye for good .

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Sounds like you are definitely good enough to be a FT Driver. If you can stick it out, it will be financially beneficial for you in the end

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Sounds like shenanigans to me. Depending on your supplement or local contract, driving during peak may or may not count towards your qualification days. In my area, as long as you started qualifying before peak, you can continue to do so during peak. I think if they tried this here, and you continued driving, at day 31 you would be qualified. They wouldn't be able to tell you that you aren't qualified, but they want you to keep driving.

Talk to your BA, but I would keep driving and keep an eye on your pay rate. If they keep paying you like you are qualifying, and not full rate or seasonal rate, then that could bolster a case to grieve them trying to send you back to preload. Also, if they keep you on the same route, that would be good for your case.

barnyard

KTM rider
This is easy.

Tell them if you are DQd then you will go back to the preload and try at the next available time. "I am not interested in driving at peak, unless I am permanent."

You have to be prepared to go back to the preload and be a helper if you want more hours. A driver did the above in my building and it worked for him.