Disqualified for two years?

barnyard

KTM rider
Re: Disqualified for two yers?

To be clear, the OP signed a bid to go FT, won the bid and after winning the OP DQed him/herself. Had the OP not said anything, taken the driving test and flunked, he/she would have been DQd for 1 year.

We had a guy do the same at my center, except he went to school and drove for 2 weeks. He said that he could not miss out on his kids growing up and that he would wait till they got older. He knew that he would have to wait for 2 years and is still PT 6 years later (by his choice.)

J

jibbs

Im not trying to dogg ya dude but come on man you are a dude and you cant drive a stick wtf lol. Out here on the east coast near the beach and country its second nature driving on the beach and in the woods and in fields mudding HEE HAW LOL.

Some guys never have had cause to actually drive a manual. I know what to do in theory, but nothing can substitute for experience with this kind of thing. It's kind of funny, though, I used to work on cars for about a year and a half before I parted ways with that company... serviced plenty of manual transmissions but never drove them myself. It was just never necessary.

Oh, and the East Coast? It's not all woods and country, man. There's a whole lot of people who can walk everywhere they need to be on a daily basis.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

I'd say dont do it over all.

I passed my driving test, but I didnt go through the class. I have personal reasons why I didnt. But the driving test is the test that sum it all for them, even though they are weeding out stick altogether.

The time isnt right here. Here, they will force you to drive. I really wanted to learn, but I only wanted a full time job within. After what I've read here and heard from other drivers in my building, its not going to be worth it. Sure the money is good, but you then lose any notion of having a real life on the outside. Enjoy driving and the money, last laugh is on you guys.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I passed my driving test, but I didnt go through the class. I have personal reasons why I didnt. But the driving test is the test that sum it all for them, even though they are weeding out stick altogether.

So, I guess you won't be paying dues after all.

CFLBrown

I'd say dont do it over all.

The time isnt right here. Here, they will force you to drive. I really wanted to learn, but I only wanted a full time job within. After what I've read here and heard from other drivers in my building, its not going to be worth it. Sure the money is good, but you then lose any notion of having a real life on the outside. Enjoy driving and the money, last laugh is on you guys.

With the new contract that the union negotiated you might be able to squeeze out a full time inside job if they push to combine any 2 of the part time shifts. You'll probably have to work overnight to get it. Talk about having no life.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

With the new contract that the union negotiated you might be able to squeeze out a full time inside job if they push to combine any 2 of the part time shifts. You'll probably have to work overnight to get it. Talk about having no life.

And oh yea, like working 10, 11, 12 hours is having a life. Sure seemed logical there. After working this long, your not just working there your living there as well. You have no life at all times, because your always here. I'd rather work over night and have all day to do whatever the hell I want.

I want more hours, just not excessive hours.

As part time, does it really matter if I am paying dues or not. Those things that UPS gives us PT, should be given to their workers in the first place. The contract has nothing for us, its all about FT, PC and feeders. Not to menction that we do work as hard or even harder then other side.

Me, I choose to have a life outside of the cardboard, and its great. I've been talking with a lot of these PC guys and they all agree you have no life in this job. Sure its good money, but hell, when do you have time to spend it? The one real full day you have off after the job, Saturday? Its to laugh.