Disqualified on last day of probation for full time driver.

WoodGrain

So my center Manager 30 days ago asked if I wanted my shot to be a full time driver and I said why not. I had little to know experience about driving routes. Half way in they was saying I was over my allotted time and over my miles by a lot. So on the 3rd week I got my time to just 30 min over and about 20 miles over. So the last week came and one of my union stewards came up to me and said I need to cut my route by the end of this week. I ask him what I should do to cut it? He tells me to work threw you lunch take pictures of packages and deliver them then when you clock in stop complete them. That was on Monday Tuesday I tried it and nothing was said Tuesday from management. Wednesday come and on road Soup rides half day. So last day was Friday I get called in and they disqualified me for working on my lunch. Come to find out the person right befor me got caught working on her lunch and the passed her. I feel that it’s not fare that she gets away with it and I didn’t. If it’s right for her it should be ok for me as well right? I called the union and told them what went on and that I feel discriminated because they let her pass and not me. Should I get a lawyer or what should I do?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So my center Manager 30 days ago asked if I wanted my shot to be a full time driver and I said why not. I had little to know experience about driving routes. Half way in they was saying I was over my allotted time and over my miles by a lot. So on the 3rd week I got my time to just 30 min over and about 20 miles over. So the last week came and one of my union stewards came up to me and said I need to cut my route by the end of this week. I ask him what I should do to cut it? He tells me to work threw you lunch take pictures of packages and deliver them then when you clock in stop complete them. That was on Monday Tuesday I tried it and nothing was said Tuesday from management. Wednesday come and on road Soup rides half day. So last day was Friday I get called in and they disqualified me for working on my lunch. Come to find out the person right befor me got caught working on her lunch and the passed her. I feel that it’s not fare that she gets away with it and I didn’t. If it’s right for her it should be ok for me as well right? I called the union and told them what went on and that I feel discriminated because they let her pass and not me. Should I get a lawyer or what should I do?

You got DQ'D for running over, working through lunch was just the excuse. Also did you punch out for lunch but keep working anyway?

WoodGrain

You got DQ'D for running over, working through lunch was just the excuse. Also did you punch out for lunch but keep working anyway?
Yes I punched out but kept working. My union steward advised me to do it to take 30 min off my allowed time. What I don’t get is the person befor me got caught and passed the only thing different is they was a female. I’m thinking it’s gender discrimination.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Yes I punched out but kept working. My union steward advised me to do it to take 30 min off my allowed time. What I don’t get is the person befor me got caught and passed the only thing different is they was a female. I’m thinking it’s gender discrimination.
You are lucky they didn't fire you for falsifying your time card, dishonesty. Work through your break means don't take one, or sort your truck during your break

Ms.PacMan

They can still figure out if you would have been over or under despite working through your lunch. Same goes for the female driver.

You got DQ'ed for being too slow. Try again in the future.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

What you should do is forget about UPS. There are WAY more opportunities out there for you. You sound much too intelligent to be slinging boxes like the rest of us knuckledusters. I would concentrate on your education and become a lawyer. Litigate he living S* outta this place and become a millionaire. They friend* up doing that to you and I truly think you have a great case. Good Luck out there!

NMW

Nope. Waste of $ with the lawyer, and waste of time to try to figure out FAIR/not fair with these UPS=Unlimited Potential to SUCK. When it is to their benefit to screw you, they will; same as when it is a benefit for them to try you out. Took me only a week to figure it is no place for a person with any brains or personality because BOTH of those will work AGAINST you at UPS. Cut your losses, run away. You'll be glad you did. I am!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Nope. Waste of $ with the lawyer, and waste of time to try to figure out FAIR/not fair with these UPS=Unlimited Potential to SUCK. When it is to their benefit to screw you, they will; same as when it is a benefit for them to try you out. Took me only a week to figure it is no place for a person with any brains or personality because BOTH of those will work AGAINST you at UPS. Cut your losses, run away. You'll be glad you did. I am!
So, you’re saying that UPS drivers have no brains or personalities?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Supe yelled at you didn’t he

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You left before they could fire you?