Divorce and the Pension

JD1988

I'm the spouse of a force-retired UPS manager. We were married 29 years so I get half of everything of everything but because it's pension and 401K money, we had to pay 1,100 to have it audited by a private law firm. Has anyone had any experience in this area? How long does it take? We're divorced since January 4 land I still have no money....what takes UPS so long to audit our Plans?

JD1988

No, still tied up in red tape going back and forth between UPS, the audit lawyer and our lawyers.....crazy waste of time!

old levi's

blank space
I'm the spouse of a force-retired UPS manager. We were married 29 years so I get half of everything of everything but because it's pension and 401K money, we had to pay 1,100 to have it audited by a private law firm. Has anyone had any experience in this area? How long does it take? We're divorced since January 4 land I still have no money....what takes UPS so long to audit our Plans?

Few more years, and you might have outlived him and got it all.

Shiftless

My condolences to you. Being married to a center manager must be the ultimate hell on Earth. Take him for everything hes worth--plus more.

Wait a minute! She cant everything! He sold his soul to the company store!

I hope at least she takes some compassion in understanding that probably deep down inside of him is the fun loving guy she married 29 years ago! This company can suck the life out of the nicest of people who just couldn't find a way out.

JD1988

Was he a center manager? I always wondered if they as much of a dick like there are at work.
No, an account manager. Couldn't do the computer work any more so they demoted him to a supervisor but he "chose" to retire instead. Then he went nuts and blamed his life on me. Typical narcissist.

badpal

Will take a wild guess and say your in your 50s. The pension part you might have to wait a few years, but would have thought your lawyers and judge would have figured out the 401k.

JD1988

We are 62 and UPS man will be 65 in July. Pension money must be "audited" in divorce cases to ensure no monkey business. Had to hire a private firm to send to UPS Retirement office....lawyers wouldn't do it due to tough penalties if something goes wrong....then evidently it's a IRS nightmare. It takes forever because every time someone touches it it has to go back to the courts also to ensure I, the UPS ex wife, is getting my share accordingly. Don't get divorced in retirement.....NOT worth it-- except I am loving my life away from the old man who literally thought he was the brick and mortar of UPS. He had 37 years, 20 as a driver, and only $4000 a month pension to show for it. Sad. My advice to new employees, don't let them brainwash you--it will ruin your health and happiness.

Shiftless

20 as a driver? Now you have to tell us his reason he wanted to go into Management. I think most can speculate.
We would rather you tell us how that came about?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We are 62 and UPS man will be 65 in July. Pension money must be "audited" in divorce cases to ensure no monkey business. Had to hire a private firm to send to UPS Retirement office....lawyers wouldn't do it due to tough penalties if something goes wrong....then evidently it's a IRS nightmare. It takes forever because every time someone touches it it has to go back to the courts also to ensure I, the UPS ex wife, is getting my share accordingly. Don't get divorced in retirement.....NOT worth it-- except I am loving my life away from the old man who literally thought he was the brick and mortar of UPS. He had 37 years, 20 as a driver, and only $4000 a month pension to show for it. Sad. My advice to new employees, don't let them brainwash you--it will ruin your health and happiness.

How Hott are ya?

Do you like to party?

JD1988

20 as a driver? Now you have to tell us his reason he wanted to go into Management. I think most can speculate.
We would rather you tell us how that came about?
Forgive my error, 10 years a driver, enough to draw $346 a month in driver pension. He went into management to get outta the small town and divorce his first ex-wife and abandon his two biological daughters (who disowned him in 2000 when they were in their 40's)! Plus the money and the ego rush. He should have stayed a driver....never was a good manager, hence, the "bust" down to supervisor which he didn't accept. Crazy.

old levi's

blank space
Forgive my error, 10 years a driver, enough to draw $346 a month in driver pension. He went into management to get outta the small town and divorce his first ex-wife and abandon his two biological daughters (who disowned him in 2000 when they were in their 40's)! Plus the money and the ego rush. He should have stayed a driver....never was a good manager, hence, the "bust" down to supervisor which he didn't accept. Crazy.

lotta baggage

old levi's

blank space

You sound supportive.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Dude has it goin on

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
No, an account manager. Couldn't do the computer work any more so they demoted him to a supervisor but he "chose" to retire instead. Then he went nuts and blamed his life on me. Typical narcissist.
haha it's always the man's fault. don't expect any sympathy here.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
and you're saying he's a loser??????? god , this is funny.