Do All Warehouse Sups Across The Country...

tell you to put the Next Day Airs in the truck or do some wharehouses in different states leave it outside so the driver can find it easier? I'm to the point where I'm thinking about leaving it in the driver's seat so at least the sups won't yell and the drivers can find the damn things.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
UPS doesn’t have warehouses. We don’t manufacture anything and we don’t store goods, ergo, we don’t have warehouses.

Jstpeachy

We leave all air outside the truck. Air can hin to crazy places so if it’s all left on the back the driver can count em all before they leave.

Sups here insist it not be loaded at all. If you are forced to load it I’d stack it all by the front door so the driver can locate it easily if your truck load allows with space

Or make a spot in FDR for it if you have large air pieces, or load air at beginning of 1000 shelf if possible. Options depend on the truck and what you have room to do.

When I was told about ndas I assumed they would always be in the 1000 section under a low number but I have one truck where it seems like the ndas can be in any damn section and if you didn't look at the other label you wouldn't know. Seems like a set up for a mess, especially when the truck its going into is pretty heavy. Like, is this driver being messed with or what? If the PAL says MFL I'll usually put it there but then when I glance over and see NDA on the other label I'm like "Damn. Why they do that?" Just seems designed to mess with drivers for no damn reason.

Indecisi0n

When I was told about ndas I assumed they would always be in the 1000 section under a low number but I have one truck where it seems like the ndas can be in any damn section and if you didn't look at the other label you wouldn't know. Seems like a set up for a mess, especially when the truck its going into is pretty heavy. Like, is this driver being messed with or what? If the PAL says MFL I'll usually put it there but then when I glance over and see NDA on the other label I'm like "Damn. Why they do that?" Just seems designed to mess with drivers for no damn reason.
Some drivers deliver air and ground together. I would still want it seperated but that's just me .

JustAnotherSup

If your NDA aren't PALing to low 1000s, your dispatcher can fix this (and is the root of what's happening). Either the time for NDA on your route isn't set appropriately low in the plan, or addcuts involving NDA are being done fairly carelessly in DMS.

Speak up and let them know the problem is occurring. If not fixed after that, I'd suggest talking to your on-road and/or center manager.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
tell you to put the Next Day Airs in the truck or do some wharehouses in different states leave it outside so the driver can find it easier? I'm to the point where I'm thinking about leaving it in the driver's seat so at least the sups won't yell and the drivers can find the damn things.
Try loading it where it goes so it’s not hard to find.

PT Car Washer

Our preload manager just says to look at he PAL label and load it. If it is wrong then it is some else's problm.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Is it possible that driver services an extended area with no time commits? If that’s the case, then you’re going to see NDA in various sections of the truck.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
How long you been here? I often get trainees that think NDA are ANYTHING with the word air and they leave half the truck unloaded with a pile of savers and 2nd days outside.

ManInBrown

It’s simple. If you are not capable of getting all airs on the 1000 shelf so they are clear as day when the driver gets to his truck, leave them all outside in the back. Some idiot loaders just bury them in the 7000-8000 section. Thats the last thing you want to do. And they arent wharehouses or warehouses.