Do any of you drivers have helpers now??

wetleg

Just curious. I'm waiting on the call as we were told we'd start today. Friends of mine who work inside say it isn't even really busy yet. If not, when do you expect to need one?

wetleg

Yeah that's what I figured. They say stuff just to keep people interested like you'll work 40 hours a week plus overtime if want...stuff I know isn't true from last year.

They've even raised the starting salary from $10.50 to $12 because they can't get enough people.

iowa boy

Sure it was a helper and not a seasonal driver doing a ride along? My building has had driver classes the last few weeks and ride a longs for two days of the 5 day class.

As far as I know right now, (I have been on vacation so something may have changed,) we send our on-cars out with the seasonal guys. Now we have on retired sup back on payroll to help train all the seasonals we are supposed to get. But I will clarify your question tomorrow to satisfy my own curiosity about this now.

PT Car Washer

As far as I know right now, (I have been on vacation so something may have changed,) we send our on-cars out with the seasonal guys. Now we have on retired sup back on payroll to help train all the seasonals we are supposed to get. But I will clarify your question tomorrow to satisfy my own curiosity about this now.
Sups train the new guys on the training route but before that they will ride with a bid driver just to see what a full days work is like and that it can be done. New driver last Friday came in at 7:30 and only did 66 stops. He was ready to quit.

iowa boy

Sups train the new guys on the training route but before that they will ride with a bid driver just to see what a full days work is like and that it can be done. New driver last Friday came in at 7:30 and only did 66 stops. He was ready to quit.

I don't know if we are doing this or not as I haven't worked since the 6th. We only had 1 seasonal start the week before I went on vacation, and he was riding with the retired sup that came back for peak.

If we are doing this, it will be the first year for it where I'm at. Like I posted, I will ask about this tomorrow as I finally have to go back to work.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Had a dump-off helper since the middle of last week.

My favorite kind; I dump their stuff off in the morning and don't even have to see them after that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes, I've been pulling a trailer and doing a pod back end loaded for over two weeks. Stop count has gone down by about 40 to deal with call tags ( helpers aren't allowed to do them), driver followups for said golf cart donkey's, and redelivering the packages that have a handwritten note on them left in said pod/trailer "Couldn't figure out how to do _______ can you deliver for me" on the back of a QT napkin written in crayon.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Maybe you have gotten better.
Give it another try.
You might surprise yourself.
I would rather deliver by myself. Helpers just complicate my day.

Funny story though... 2 peaks ago a driver had a helper who was delivering to an apt complex and I guess the helper had to go to the bathroom and couldn't hold it. He went into a closet in the complex and pee'd. All caught on camera haha