Do feeder drivers have a better quality of life?

MethodsMan

Seems like there's more friendly feeder drivers out there. They just don't seem as jaded and agitated as the average package guy. Think this is true?

MethodsMan

They're always smiling, joking around, hanging out in the break room sharing their weekly catch. Just seem like they're high on life.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I wouldn't necessarily say that. Theres cool guys and jerks in both feeder and package. Feeders may not work as hard as us, but trust me dude those guys have plenty to stress about with driving that big rig. They gotta deal with idiot drivers too and real bad weather sometimes. That's a whole lot of truck to be responsible for. Ill be honest with ya I aint got nothing but the highest respect for what them feeder drivers do. They like us just have to take this job with a grain of salt and to flip it into a way where you can enjoy the job. I tell people all the time I just hang out and party all day and drive around delivering stuff,buljive with people, and jam on my bluetooths all day lol. Some guys take the job too serious and pretty much are boring or sourpusses lol. To myself im just like get over yourself for real dude.

I'm always joking and I act like wherever I'm at when I'm at work it is the place to be and I'm in packages. My motto is like that guy from fast times at Ridgemont high. Act like wherever your at its the place to be. It always freaks people out hen you seem happy and you haven't a care in the world. They perceive you as being cool and in control and this makes others feel better.

​There's a lot of worse things out there than being a package car driver making 90gr with 35 thousand in bennies. That and plus I get laid twice a month.

MethodsMan

I wouldn't necessarily say that. Theres cool guys and jerks in both feeder and package. Feeders may not work as hard as us, but trust me dude those guys have plenty to stress about with driving that big rig. They gotta deal with idiot drivers too and real bad weather sometimes. That's a whole lot of truck to be responsible for. Ill be honest with ya I aint got nothing but the highest respect for what them feeder drivers do. They like us just have to take this job with a grain of salt and to flip it into a way where you can enjoy the job. I tell people all the time I just hang out and party all day and drive around delivering stuff,buljive with people, and jam on my bluetooths all day lol. Some guys take the job too serious and pretty much are boring or sourpusses lol. To myself im just like get over yourself for real dude.

Party on, Garth!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Word bro all bout havin fun in life. Sure this job may blow a lot but it is what it is. Im not here to make friends or enemies, its all business for me in my world. Like Dave Chapelle said its all about the greenbacks baby lol. You make the job into what you want to perceive it to be.

Word bro all bout havin fun in life. Sure this job may blow a lot but it is what it is. Im not here to make friends or enemies, its all business for me in my world. Like Dave Chapelle said its all about the greenbacks baby lol. You make the job into what you want to perceive it to be.
The Macho Man would be proud.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Oh me oh my. You know that's exactly what I was wondering! Most feeder drivers are hard working people. A lot of the feeder guys in my center used to do drivers helper while double shifting, I have no idea how they do it. But they are the only drivers I have a lot of respect for. They are the backbone of UPS.

I'm in a loaner Porsche at the moment and this one doesn't have hands free voice text so I'll have to have my personal assistant post the response at a later time. Thx.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I'm always joking and I act like wherever I'm at when I'm at work it is the place to be and I'm in packages. My motto is like that guy from fast times at Ridgemont high. Act like wherever your at its the place to be. It always freaks people out hen you seem happy and you haven't a care in the world. They perceive you as being cool and in control and this makes others feel better.

​There's a lot of worse things out there than being a package car driver making 90gr with 35 thousand in bennies. That and plus I get laid twice a month.
Twice a month? You haven't been married long enough!

MaceFremonti

To answer the original post....in the 3 months that I have been in feeders I have put on a solid 15 pounds (I'm 5' 11" - in package I weighed about 145 in the fall/winter and about 135 in the middle of the summer...I weighed 160 this morning!), my neck, arms, shoulders, knees, and back no longer ache as soon as I get home, when I get home I actually feel like cutting the grass or fixing something around the house, my kids tell me I'm no longer "grumpy", and the wife says I now have a "normal" attitude towards life in general. So I believe the answer is a most definite YES!

BTW I'm typing this while taking my 2 hour lunch/turnaround/meetpoint at my 1 stop for the day...:rolleyes:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Feeders is great. I work for a boss that respects what I do, and when I have a an issue, will take time to try and fix the problem. I don't get micromanaged, and I have responseabities far greater then the package car driver.