Do I have a job or not?

BrownMafia

So I’ve seen plenty of this on here. Long story short I got called for a “full time job” yes they said full time job, a few months after I decided to move 1200 miles away from home. I decided to move back for the job. After my road test my sup tells me that we are seasonal and that HR pretty much decides how many of us they will keep after winter. But here’s the issue. I have had MANY guys tell me that they are just bull:censored2:ting us to make us work harder, longer. I’ve made my 30. And I’ve also got a packet in the mail from Prudential for my retirement and 401k plan. They wouldn’t give those to temps would they?? It seems like no matter how hard I work it’s never enough and yes I bust ass. No stranger to hard work. On UPSERS it says I am listed as a casual package driver. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on what the truth is and what to believe. Thanks guys.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I’ve seen plenty of this on here. Long story short I got called for a “full time job” yes they said full time job, a few months after I decided to move 1200 miles away from home. I decided to move back for the job. After my road test my sup tells me that we are seasonal and that HR pretty much decides how many of us they will keep after winter. But here’s the issue. I have had MANY guys tell me that they are just bull*ting us to make us work harder, longer. I’ve made my 30. And I’ve also got a packet in the mail from Prudential for my retirement and 401k plan. They wouldn’t give those to temps would they?? It seems like no matter how hard I work it’s never enough and yes I bust ass. No stranger to hard work. On UPSERS it says I am listed as a casual package driver. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on what the truth is and what to believe. Thanks guys.
You are a casual package driver it says so right on UPSERS
You will be layed off as soon as vacations let up
You can try again in October or November
You should have done a little more research before moving 1200 miles dontcha think

So I’ve seen plenty of this on here. Long story short I got called for a “full time job” yes they said full time job, a few months after I decided to move 1200 miles away from home. I decided to move back for the job. After my road test my sup tells me that we are seasonal and that HR pretty much decides how many of us they will keep after winter. But here’s the issue. I have had MANY guys tell me that they are just bull*ting us to make us work harder, longer. I’ve made my 30. And I’ve also got a packet in the mail from Prudential for my retirement and 401k plan. They wouldn’t give those to temps would they?? It seems like no matter how hard I work it’s never enough and yes I bust ass. No stranger to hard work. On UPSERS it says I am listed as a casual package driver. Hopefully someone can give me some insight on what the truth is and what to believe. Thanks guys.
If you made your 30 are you in the union yet?

Box Ox

It seems like no matter how hard I work it’s never enough and yes I bust ass.

You really are new here.

I got called for a “full time job” yes they said full time job, a few months after I decided to move 1200 miles away from home. I decided to move back for the job.

B3740CA4-739F-48AA-967A-2D8F692B6FAA.gif

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
What job title did you originally apply for?
You should have done a little more research before moving 1200 miles dontcha think
This
If you made your 30 are you in the union yet?
Some of this
You really are new here.

View attachment 348997
And this

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Yahtzee!

35years

Gravy route
Full time job.. yes
Permanent job...no

They are not the same thing.

Whereistheunion

Since we literally don't have a human resource department, I don't know where to get a straight answer to this question. You could contact the business manager of that facility and get in writing what is your official position with the company.

Cowboy Mac

Sup is full of bull spit. There is no HR anymore. They all got canned for catering Chick-fil-A every day and gossiping instead of doing work. Your sup, the center manager are effectively HR now. They decide who they keep and who goes.

ManInBrown

The packet in the mail from Prudential means nothing. As soon as you are in the UPS system everyone gets it.

ManInBrown

Sup is full of bull spit. There is no HR anymore. They all got canned for catering Chick-fil-A every day and gossiping instead of doing work. Your sup, the center manager are effectively HR now. They decide who they keep and who goes.
HR never decided who stays and who goes. They only played a role if you got your foot in the door. Background check yada yada yada. Back in the day when it was 2 available spots for 20 casuals it was very calculated. center manager and on cars had thoughts on every driver. It was very deliberative. There was one year they hired a casual they really liked. On car pumping him up every day. One night they tested him and directed this driver to go meet so and so to take stops. He refused. Got back to the building and they fired him on the spot. That’s what they do. They want to make sure you’re all in. Once you’re permanent that all ends. But until you’re in, you’re at their mercy. He didn’t have his 30 yet. Refused to help, never seen ever again. HR never played a role in who got hired permanent. From what I’ve been told by package drivers I’m still friendly with, if you have a pulse they keep you. You can thank the Teamsters bending over for UPS’s two tier system for that. Second class citizens. Divide the workforce and conquer was always the plan.