Do I have any rights

Chinagurl

I am a very hard worker and I never ever go to work under the influence of nothing . Now I recently moved to a dif area . I was warned that there was a lot of snobby people in this area and if they don’t like you , your on your way out .
Anyway that’s only putting it lightly the whole time I felt sabotaged and bullied . I even said something to the super . So I just pushed threw this and always showed up to do my job no matter how hard they made my job . So I was about 10min from the end of my shift when another super came and told me to grab my stuff and come with him . So I ask him what’s wrong he wouldn’t tell me yet we walk to another area of the building and as he introduces me to the shop Ste then we proceed to walk up some stairs into an office where they asked me to sit down and they told me they’re doing a fit to work . Now remember I told you I never come to work Under the influence of anything never but what I do being I’m almost 60 years old when I get home helps me go to sleep I smoke a little weed every night when I get home that’s only way I can sleep I have aches and all over my body sometimes and that helps me but never in my heart I don’t get high during the day I don’t smoke weed all day I don’t smoke weed before I go to work I don’t drink before I go to work I don’t do anything like that I smoke when I come home and go to bed but in the office they give me a choice to do a UA or resign . Mind you I am also going through menopause so I tend to over heat a little but my super new this. Needless to say if I gave a dirty I’m fired , but if I resigned for personal reasons they said then maybe if I go to treatment or something I might be able to come back someday go to treatment I don’t need treatment I only smoke weed to fall asleep no I don’t have a medical pass to do that because pot legal so why do I need a medical pass I don’t know I just think it’s all wrong I was only there for the benefits anyway but I need those benefits I need that medical any suggestions it might put some light at the end of my tunnel Would greatly be appreciated thanks for reading this.

I am a very hard worker and I never ever go to work under the influence of nothing . Now I recently moved to a dif area . I was warned that there was a lot of snobby people in this area and if they don’t like you , your on your way out .
Anyway that’s only putting it lightly the whole time I felt sabotaged and bullied . I even said something to the super . So I just pushed threw this and always showed up to do my job no matter how hard they made my job . So I was about 10min from the end of my shift when another super came and told me to grab my stuff and come with him . So I ask him what’s wrong he wouldn’t tell me yet we walk to another area of the building and as he introduces me to the shop Ste then we proceed to walk up some stairs into an office where they asked me to sit down and they told me they’re doing a fit to work . Now remember I told you I never come to work Under the influence of anything never but what I do being I’m almost 60 years old when I get home helps me go to sleep I smoke a little weed every night when I get home that’s only way I can sleep I have aches and all over my body sometimes and that helps me but never in my heart I don’t get high during the day I don’t smoke weed all day I don’t smoke weed before I go to work I don’t drink before I go to work I don’t do anything like that I smoke when I come home and go to bed but in the office they give me a choice to do a UA or resign . Mind you I am also going through menopause so I tend to over heat a little but my super new this. Needless to say if I gave a dirty I’m fired , but if I resigned for personal reasons they said then maybe if I go to treatment or something I might be able to come back someday go to treatment I don’t need treatment I only smoke weed to fall asleep no I don’t have a medical pass to do that because pot legal so why do I need a medical pass I don’t know I just think it’s all wrong I was only there for the benefits anyway but I need those benefits I need that medical any suggestions it might put some light at the end of my tunnel Would greatly be appreciated thanks for reading this.
You cannot work at this job and be under the influence of marijuana.
End of story

dudebro

Well yea, but OP claims not to be high at work. That may or may not be the case. I thought I saw in the contract that fitness for duty test measured cannabis twice in so many hours to determine when you last used it. so if the OP wasn't blazin' in the pk lot before work, should be ok.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
You have to do that right on the spot after the fact is too late
Doesn’t make sense about random piss test too. Never openly talk about what illegal activity you do behind closed doors. Even if everyone’s doing it, it’s still illegal and higher ups will hold you accountable.

Doesn’t make sense about random piss test too. Never openly talk about what illegal activity you do behind closed doors. Even if everyone’s doing it, it’s still illegal and higher ups will hold you accountable.
They usually turn the blind eye on it especially inside the building because they have a hard time keeping help
but I have seen many preloaders walked out the door

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm pretty sure they can't just arbitrarily decide to give you a piss test, you have to be observed exhibiting behavior that would reasonably lead someone to conclude that you are intoxicated.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
What does the BA have to say about it? All you can really do is waste their time with harassment grievances and the whole process of testing. I've seen persistance keep many people on, It took several attempts to fire one driver who would take a hell of a lot of drugs after work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Hold up your 60 years old?
Now I’am no Dr. but that seems a little old to be going through menopause

Chinagurl

I'm pretty sure they can't just arbitrarily decide to give you a piss test, you have to be observed exhibiting behavior that would reasonably lead someone to conclude that you are intoxicated.
No impossible I don’t smoke ever until I go to bed period. So no way

Chinagurl

Hold up your 60 years old?
Now I’am no Dr. but that seems a little old to be going through menopause
I’m closer to 60 then I am 50 and I am a late bloomers so what.. I don’t even look 50 so what now. Is everything that someone post have to be suspect I mean seriously

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I’m closer to 60 then I am 50 and I am a late bloomers so what.. I don’t even look 50 so what now. Is everything that someone post have to be suspect I mean seriously
99% of the stories told by random people coming on these forums are not told fully