Do I need a cdl to become feeder driver ?

DoctorMario

Someone said you dont need one since Ups trains you at ups feeder school..is that true? Thanks in advance.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPS does train You. But you will still need to go to the DUMB and take all your written tests and take the driving test. If you pass all the tests they will give you you're CDL. Yes you need a CDL to drive Feeder.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DoctorMario

Ok so let me get this straight. Ups trains me and then I go to the dmv...past the written test and driving test..then show Ups that I have my Cdl and they'll let me be a Feeder driver? I was making just making sure I didnt need a cdl prior to going to feeder school.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DoctorMario

Another question... do u have to have a cdl permit prior to going to school ? What else I do I need before going to school? Im trying to figure all this out so ill be ready to go once I sign the bid sheet.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Foamer Pyle

I start Feeder School this Sunday. You must get a study guide from the dmv, for the written test, that will get you your permit. I studied for about three weeks, then took the test. Go online and look for free cdl tests. Those will help you pass the test. My test was 125 multiple choice questions, and most of those questions you would have to guess on, if you didn't study.

Also, they will do a background check on you, and a drug test. I was told to know all the DOK's or they would fail me.

Sent using BrownCafe App

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I am in the process right now. First you need to go get your physical and drug test. HR should tell you how to do that. Here you cannot take a written CDL test without having a physical first. Then you need to take your Class A written test and you also need to take the Doubles and Triples endorsement. If you pass you will get a permit. You take those three things, your Permit, your DOT card, and your drug test paper work to HR. Then if you are called up you get two weeks to train in feeders. At the end of the two weeks they feel you are ready to be a feeder driver you will go meet a licensed person who will test you on various things you have learned. If you pass that THEN you will get your license.

Johney

It seems different in some areas. Here all you need before going to feeder school is,
1. H.R. to send you for your drug test(they are only good for a month).
2.Be told by Feeder sup to get your learners permit(means you can drive with someone who holds a CDL A).
3. Go to DMV and take 3 part test. CDL class A combinations, Air Brakes,Double's and Triples endorsement($6 ?).
4.Go to feeder school for a week(which here is on your own time usually 8 hours a day at another center,unless you happen to work in that center)
5.Pass feeder school.
6.Do a week of "Production"(which consists of doing actual runs out of your center with a sup, this week is paid).
7.Pass production week.
8.Go back to feeder school center and test for CDL(here our Feeder Manager is state certified to give test's)Again on your own time and takes about 2&1/2 hours. They get a random test(3 different I believe)of certain things you need to do in the yard, then drive with a pup for 30 minutes(?) on road.
9.If you pass they give you a print out to take to the DMV where you get your real CDL($75 ?).
10.Also if you currently hold a D.O.T. physical card from say from package car you must present that, but no additional physical is needed.
Again this is how it works here and may not where you are.

You will need to take the Class A written test, the general knowledge test, double and triple test and air brake tests prior to the UPS training. Also drug screen test and Dr. Physical. All prior to the UPS training. Once you pass you will have your permit. You must have your permit before going to the UPS training. After your UPS training you will need to schedule a road test with the DMV. If you pass that you will have your CDL.

Sent using BrownCafe App

DoctorMario

So the doubles/triples test and air brakes test are all written tests u take at the dmv to obtain your permit? Im assuming you take them along side your Class A test. Again guys thanks for all of the feedback and answers. I really appreciate it.

Sent using BrownCafe App