do i work saturdays?

just got part time position at UPS working mon-thurs 11am-2am. completely forgot to ask my sup but do i go in again on friday? or saturday? i have no idea and don't know who to call. thanks in advance. job is small sort.

PT Car Washer

Sounds like you mean the midnight sort 11:00PM Sunday night to 2:00AM Monday morning. Thru Thursday night 11:00PM to 2:00AM Friday morning. The sound more like it?

upschuck

I worked it for about a year. I coupled midnight with preload to make my eight+ hours. Wifey didn't like it too much, said I was grumpy all the time.

PT Car Washer

I worked it for about a year. I coupled midnight with preload to make my eight+ hours. Wifey didn't like it too much, said I was grumpy all the time.
Yeah me too. Wife was pregnant at the time. Made a lot of money but thought the wife was going to divorce me. That was over 20 years ago. Went to the twi. and things are pretty good now.

I was orginally a Saturday Air DRive, but continued driving Saturdays after i became a cover driver... SO by every Saturday i HAVE WELL over 40hrs which yields me a nice OT pay..

PT Car Washer

Don't have enough PTers for Sat.? We normally use one or two Art. 22.3 air drivers to fill empty spots. Haven't hired a new Sat. driver in a long time.

s-man

PT air driver that went over 40 this week? I had 22 stops in 4 1/2 (stopped for breakfast) FT drivers look down on us as the second string. Yeah.

Second string, they're sorely mistaken. As an RTD/AIR/SAT driver, I am there when they are on vacation or call in, running the nightmare route that no one else can or wants to run. Finding air stops that I have never been to before and getting there on time (mostly! Don't ask me about the day downtown). I get OT on saturday cause I've already worked 50 during the week. And all this just to be kicked back to the pre-load in January. But supervision is still needing us then after the pre-load for whatever! I would love to tell them tough luck, hire me full time if you need me, but I need the money.