Do-nothing PT Sup.

Jvoorhees1984

How does these PT sups get away with doing absolutely nothing? Earlier this morning the PT sup on my box line literally stood around with his headphones on watching YouTube videos and sending text messages. The guy next to me, his cages where totally slammed and the most this sup did to ‘sort’ the cages was to take the lightest packages possible (envelopes and clothes bags) and place them outside the cars. He avoided any box at all costs. Oh, he also was nice enough to yell ‘nothing gets by’ , ‘load out’ and ‘last cage’. It’s embarssing and hilarious all at once. Good for him for getting away with it. But I’m left to wonder how he does get away wit it.

Jvoorhees1984

upload_2018-8-17_16-38-58.jpeg

542thruNthru

How does these PT sups get away with doing absolutely nothing? Earlier this morning the PT sup on my box line literally stood around with his headphones on watching YouTube videos and sending text messages. The guy next to me, his cages where totally slammed and the most this sup did to ‘sort’ the cages was to take the lightest packages possible (envelopes and clothes bags) and place them outside the cars. He avoided any box at all costs. Oh, he also was nice enough to yell ‘nothing gets by’ , ‘load out’ and ‘last cage’. It’s embarssing and hilarious all at once. Good for him for getting away with it. But I’m left to wonder how he does get away wit it.

Supervisor
tenor-20.gif

Box Ox

Sounds like a good PT sup to me. If there’s a problem with the guy next to you’s work space, he should shut down the belt or ask someone else to. If packages are coming too fast for him to grab, he should tell the sup he can’t grab everything safely.

Don’t give away your empowerment to control your workspace by expecting the sup to be responsible for it.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Look at your contract. A PT Sup is there to direct bargaining unit employees to (you) to task and whatever his supervisor tell him to do.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nothing? Most sweat more than @silverbullet2893 on a hot day.

km3

Supervisors aren't supposed to work...lol

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
He sounds smarter then half of the ORS and IE guys I have met. Do not talk to him or tell him anything that should be done, that is what essentially he is suppose to do. If he works grieve him until he goes back to doing nothing or acting like he actually cares about the job.

VelcroVestsAreTearable

Worlds Okayest Sup

I can't stand a lazy pt sup. No, he shouldn't be handling packages but he defiantly shouldn't be on his phone, especially with head phones in. That's a straight up safety no no....
Either the full time sup hasn't caught him yet, or they just don't care.
Just focus on your job, follow the methods and work safe.