Do the job

During this unprecedented economic turn, it is of major importance that all service providers [ formerly UPSERS ] DO THE JOB. By doing this you will not only protect yourself, you will protect your job.

- the truth is a reflection of your point of view -

29th Christmas

I agree, and have been doing so for decades.

From a different angle...If you are a Teamster, be professional. Let's go out there and try to prove our critics wrong by being the best in the business in all areas.

leastbest

LeastBest
How does one do the job when the truck is loaded PAS backwards.

Bad loads, horrible dispatches, misroutes, O/70s in the first section (not labeled properly) routes cut, too much air with late starts, etc etc

I do my job every day but hands are tied by management.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Bad loads, horrible dispatches, misroutes, O/70s in the first section (not labeled properly) routes cut, too much air with late starts, etc etc

Correct.

One thing people may lose sight of at times is that, despite the economy going into the **#***#%, management will start shifts as late as possible, cut back as much setup as possible, then try to cram that volume down everyones throat and try to get pts out in 2 1/2 hours. So it's still not usually an hourlies fault that there are misloads, bad pals, poor dispatch, late starts etc. Even with the volume low it's sometimes an embarrasing struggle to get the volume out.

satellitedriver

Correct.

One thing people may lose sight of at times is that, despite the economy going into the **#***#%, management will start shifts as late as possible, cut back as much setup as possible, then try to cram that volume down everyones throat and try to get pts out in 2 1/2 hours. So it's still not usually an hourlies fault that there are misloads, bad pals, poor dispatch, late starts etc. Even with the volume low it's sometimes an embarrasing struggle to get the volume out.
Wow, I just had a flashback to 1986.(recession year)
It was the same back then.
The numbers of the year is the only thing that has changed.
Try recording on paper and pre-load working off charts.
Those were the good old days.
It really worked.
I would love to be able to have a 40 week.
I have only seen about 5 of them in 22yrs.
The only thing I have lost sight of is my home in daylight.
I understand that certain areas are getting hit hard in today's economy and I am not making light of it.
The only things I can say is:
Work with diligence.
Save money for the hard times.
Don't bitch over minutia.
Strive to make yourself and those around you happy.
Kick anyone's butt that gets in your way to make these goals happen.

Sales Lead!

During this unprecedented economic turn, it is of major importance that all service providers [ formerly UPSERS ] DO THE JOB. By doing this you will not only protect yourself, you will protect your job.

And after you run a 10 hour day in 9.5 I want some sales leads turned in by you on Monday...Got it!

old levi's

blank space

What do you consider a late start?

A

anonymous6

been doing it for over 28 years. how long have you been doing it?

QKRSTKR

9:10. That's late. But I agree with do the job. If your one of those that cut any corners, you'd better stop. UPS is out to get anyone they can right now.

Our regular start time is 9:15...out of the building sometimes as early as 9:30...
You've got your troubles...I've got miinnnnnneeee.

over9five

Staff member

Welcome to BrownCafe, Midnitehustler!
I think you should elaborate on your post. Tell us of your UPS experience. What exactly is it we are doing wrong? How are the Service Providers not DOING THE JOB?

We look forward to you sharing your wisdom!

spuman

It takes alot of people doing their job before I can even start to do mine.
Even though I'm a slug POS loser and I suck,I do the best I can.Thanks for the pep talk.

Hedley_Lamarr

Do my job??? I've been busting my ass, helping other drivers, doing routes on the blind, doing splits on the blind, pulling a regular route during the day and an air route at night. And what does it get me, LAID OFF! All because one of the more senior split drivers in our center demanded his eight when he was over one morning. So our new center manager decided to punish the union by laying off the bottom five guys.

Braveheart

They are looking for any way to cut payroll. Those drivers who have been getting away with stuff because they run great numbers better beware.

We had a couple of drivers over the last couple weeks walked out for screw ups that managers would sweep under the carpet for their little runners in the past but no more.

Many others are on the radar now. Most are runners, lunch skippers, sort truck before work guys and so forth.

These guys more often than not have mystery scrapes on trucks, misdeliveries, customer complaints, missed pick ups, and other errors overlooked because they run scratch. That seems to be over as the economy gets worse.

I say good. I am sick and tired of one driver getting nitpicked and hammered while a brown noser gets nothing for the very same offense.

Look if you are a runner and get off early then getting off early is your reward. Not having to go help some one is your reward. Not getting extra stops or splits is your reward.

Getting away with murder just for pretty numbers is wrong. That would be like a cop getting a free ride for murder because well he does a lot of good otherwise.

backinbrown

respect my authority

how does one do the job?

ONE STOP AT A TIME