Do they have to give us heat?

rod

Retired 22 years
Just wear so many layers you can hardly see or move
If they are looking for a job that guarantees you to be comfortable UPS probably isn’t it. You are talking about a building that is basically one big garage door.

rod

Retired 22 years
Years ago the first building I worked out of barely had any heat at all. None in the area we worked in. Back then we had to change into UPS pants in the morning and couldn’t wear them home at night.
The dressing room had a small heater in it but the room was always super cold anyway. Our Steward put a thermometer in the room and filled a grievance. The center manager brought in a small space heater that did absolutely nothing unless you were standing right in front of it. He put the thermometer about six inches away
and assumed he had solved the problem. The Steward took a picture of the thermometer showing 110 degrees and filled another grievance. We got an actual oil burning furnace in the dressing room.

oldngray

nowhere special
Years ago the first building I worked out of barely had any heat at all. None in the area we worked in. Back then we had to change into UPS pants in the morning and couldn’t wear them home at night.
The dressing room had a small heater in it but the room was always super cold anyway. Our Steward put a thermometer in the room and filled a grievance. The center manager brought in a small space heater that did absolutely nothing unless you were standing right in front of it. He put the thermometer about six inches away
and assumed he had solved the problem. The Steward took a picture of the thermometer showing 110 degrees and filled another grievance. We got an actual oil burning furnace in the dressing room.
My building was the same way. Minimal heat. Barely enough to keep it above freezing. Loaders had to wear sweatshirts while working. I couldn't believe it when they got enough heat to wear shorts inside the building.

542thruNthru

No heat in the hub.
coming in at 1 Am and working 8 hours in 15 degrees.
seems like this is somehow barely legal.

Article 18 section 6 of the NMA.
Screenshot_20191217-102517_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
if you really want to get them and your loading package cars outdoors, tell them they cant start the trucks because of the fumes blowing back up or your leaving