Do you agree that new threads get ruined by off topic posts?

Do new threads get ruined by off topic posts too often?

• Way too much, it's annoying

• Sometimes

• No, I enjoy it

• I just don't care, it's the internet

Results are only viewable after voting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Do you think that threads get hijacked too much by off-topic comments? This is an anonymous poll and you can make more than one vote. You need to vote before you can see the results.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1459805807.704027.jpg

Is this what we are talking about

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
There are plenty of threads to play around in without ruining a serious thread.

When members have serious questions about their job, the union , grievances , pensions, retirement , teamster elections, etc. we members should be courteous and respectful. This is a win-win for everyone.

I have been guilty for hijacking threads too. Just want to get that out there. It's just frustrating and annoying to find a thread that may be interesting only to find 2-3 good posts hidden within 25 nonsense posts.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
There are plenty of threads to play around in without ruining a serious thread.

When members have serious questions about their job, the union , grievances , pensions, retirement , teamster elections, etc. we members should be courteous and respectful. This is a win-win for everyone.

I have been guilty for hijacking threads too. Just want to get that out there. It's just frustrating and annoying to find a thread that may be interesting only to find 2-3 good posts hidden within 25 nonsense posts.
Are you dancing this week?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Its getting pretty bad around here when a moderator cant even start a poll asking a simple question about off-topic posts...without someone coming in and spamming it with a disrespectful off-topic post. Wow.
Maybe off topic
But disrespectful nope don't see it Help me out

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It's funny you say this. The union forum is never touched by the people who were accused of throwing threads off topic, and yet it's a cesspool.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Its getting pretty bad around here when a moderator cant even start a poll asking a simple question about off-topic posts...without someone coming in and spamming it with a disrespectful off-topic post. Wow.
A lot of it probably has to do with the fact she spams the forums about her being a stripper and sitting in a recliner naked, but nobody seems to bat an eye at that.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
List the members who you have problems with. If I am one I will refrain from speaking with new members until a preset time as everyone feels it is safe to do so. You can start a BC triumvirate to rule how long before I am allowed interactions with new members. Speak and it shall be done by me

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Maybe off topic
But disrespectful nope don't see it Help me out
Since you asked, I will respectfully answer.
Your question had nothing to do with her post, or with the poll, and it was clear that your intent in asking it was to embarass and ridicule her. Thats how it looked to me.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey, she's the one posting that she's a stripper if you don't want to be ridiculed don't put in on the
inter webs where everybody in the world can see it
Jmo

Butt Monkey says its a he
Whatever that's worth

Catatonic

Nine Lives
List the members who you have problems with. If I am one I will refrain from speaking with new members until a preset time as everyone feels it is safe to do so. You can start a BC triumvirate to rule how long before I am allowed interactions with new members. Speak and it shall be done by me
I think it is best if you do not speak with any members on Brown Cafe.
You personally irritate my hemorrhoids!

bbsam

Staff member
I think you are playing dumb.