• Yes

Votes: 51 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 22.7%

• Total voters

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
To all:

Do you care about making service? Do you care the package makes service without damage?

Please vote in the poll and discuss your reasoning.

Sincerely,
ChickenLegs

T

Turdferguson

I still care. Will point out any damages to pkg in diad. Would chit chat with customers when making deliveries. My goal was to know something about all my regular customers , and leave them with a smile by being either extra polite , or making some goofy comment to them that made their experience of using UPS a pleasant one.
The customers who make it through on here. That is a different ball of wax, I will be the biggest smartazz possible on here ,until the thread gets locked out that is.

M

Mike hunt

Yea I always give about an 85%physical effort but when it comes to th packages out of sight out of weather threat them like a guest of honor.

Please note 85% effort is better than what most non upsers do in there own jobs or careers.

Future

Victory Ride
Of course i care about making service on pkgs(Time commit etc) its what I do......if mgt gives me a level playin field i try my :censored2: off to fulfill service to the customer......but when they dont my hands are tied and service failures will happen

Indecisi0n

carebear-stare-o.gif

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
It's what you get paid to do, why wouldn't you care? Oh I forgot management was mean, it was raining, and you have more stops than the guy next to you so you were going to teach UPS a "lesson".

Future

Victory Ride
My upbringing reflects my work ethic.....no matter what you do .......do it your best....give it your all.....if you fail know in your heart you TRIED your best!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
After 26 yrs. I feel I give the same effort I gave when I first started. But, it has changed a lot. Back then --I covered 3 areas. To one now. There was a trust between us and them. Now we are out there messing around. Time sensitive on every aspect of our day. Not fun to work for this company at all. So, I do it exactly the way they want it done. I don't care about what they expect. It gets done. My customers are happy. As Jump always States.(work smarter,not harder) your best dispatch tool is lunch break. In the 3rd to 5th. It takes a lot of work off. Surprisingly

Packmule

I'm a service oriented guy, so yes I care. Only time I draw the line is when a customer creates more hazardous conditions conditions than I'm willing to risk. Weather, dogs, mud, etc. make it doable or come pick it up.

tacken

Yea I always give about an 85%physical effort but when it comes to th packages out of sight out of weather threat them like a guest of honor.

Please note 85% effort is better than what most non upsers do in there own jobs or careers.
And how due you know this?

Fair days work for a fair days pay!!!!

M

Mike hunt

I have very few days where I'm actually more than 85% good. Old age catches up with everyone.