Do you ever envision the day where the company....

ManInBrown

Has the upper hand on the union so bad, that they could force you to work the Saturday before Mother's Day. I know technically they can now. But you never really see them take that drastic step. I really cherish the fact that I don't have a ton of seniority. 10-15 drivers below me. And I still wasn't forced to work. And as far as from what I saw, the volunteers were few and far between. I was asked 3-5 separate times if I wanted to work. Said no every time. As far as I know no one was forced but I'm not a busybody so I didn't go around asking and didn't hear anything about it. Haven't a clue how all the work got moved today. Wasn't forced at Peak either. It was come in if you want. Do your own work to lighten up Monday's day or don't come in. Up to you

Last edited by a moderator:

UPSGUY72

Has the upper hand on the union so bad, that they could force you to work Mother's Day. I know technically they can now. But you never really see them take that drastic step. I really cherish the fact that I don't have a ton of seniority. 10-15 drivers below me. And I still wasn't forced to work. And as far as from what I saw, the volunteers were few and far between. I was asked 3-5 separate times if I wanted to work. Said no every time. As far as I know no one was forced but I'm not a busybody so I didn't go around asking and didn't hear anything about it. Haven't a clue how all the work got moved today. Wasn't forced at Peak either. It was come in if you want. Do your own work to lighten up Monday's day or don't come in. Up to you

Today isn't Mother days tomorrow is. that being said I worked today 35 stops 4 hr 22 min. at $50.49 hr. It's called some of the easiest money you can make.

BrownTexas

They can't force you to work Saturday anyway. Low seniority or not. Sure they can act like it, and write you up for not showing. But my BA would have this thrown out in a heartbeat.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Has the upper hand on the union so bad, that they could force you to work the Saturday before Mother's Day. I know technically they can now. But you never really see them take that drastic step. I really cherish the fact that I don't have a ton of seniority. 10-15 drivers below me. And I still wasn't forced to work. And as far as from what I saw, the volunteers were few and far between. I was asked 3-5 separate times if I wanted to work. Said no every time. As far as I know no one was forced but I'm not a busybody so I didn't go around asking and didn't hear anything about it. Haven't a clue how all the work got moved today. Wasn't forced at Peak either. It was come in if you want. Do your own work to lighten up Monday's day or don't come in. Up to you
Upper hand or not they can force you to work about any day they want to. Just a few holidays we are promised off.

BUCN85

I find it funny how days like today that is "air" yet they don't force any of the air drivers to work. They never show up to work these Saturday's it's always us bottom guys who end up working. 38 stops 103 miles 6 hrs. 1 hr short of 60 hrs this week.

UPSGUY72

Divorce lawyers can be expensive. :)

go figure..

Mine is $200.00 hr for the Lawyer and $80.00 for the paralegal.

Hers is at least $225 hr at least that's what he charged her when she pulled this crap 2 years ago.

So far he is 0 - 2 in getting what she wants. Going to be 0 - 3 if she doesn't start follow the temp agreement we came up in court Wednesday and the judge signed off on. I told she had until tomorrow night or I'd see her back in court next week.

I even emailed her attorney and told him that she wasn't doing we agreed upon. Cheaper then telling my attorney who would charge me to tell him... I'll email him every day until she complies.

According to some of the people I know he might be expensive but he isn't really that good as he has been fired numerous times...