Do you game?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I'm sure we've had some threads in the past about this but, I haven't seen any recently so I thought I would start a new one. I'm an avid gamer and have recently sunken my teeth into Star Wars The Old Republic. It's an MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) that follows in the footsteps of one of my favorite games of all time, World of Warcraft. I have ps3 and I play it sparingly but I was hoping there were some other folks that play on pc. Surely Im not the only nerd on this forum.

brown bomber

brown bomber
I play the game of life.........real "life".......I wish I had time for this frivolity
rock on........someday I'll explain to you, how the game (life) is played

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm sure we've had some threads in the past about this but, I haven't seen any recently so I thought I would start a new one. I'm an avid gamer and have recently sunken my teeth into Star Wars The Old Republic. It's an MMORPG (massive multiplayer online role playing game) that follows in the footsteps of one of my favorite games of all time, World of Warcraft. I have ps3 and I play it sparingly but I was hoping there were some other folks that play on pc. Surely Im not the only nerd on this forum.
Knock, knock, Sheldon. Knock, knock, Sheldon. Knock, knock Sheldon !

curiousbrain

You are decidedly not the only nerd on this forum.

I play ... a considerable amount of games; not as many as I used to, due to a lack of time, but still a considerable amount.

I did the MMO thing on-and-off for awhile (UO, EQ, WoW, several others), and in the past several years I have restrained myself because they tend to take over my life. I know it doesn't matter in real life that I don't have the "Next Big Item", but I want it so bad that work, women, and all the other things somehow seem ... unimportant. Also, the seriousness which most people take those games almost demands that if you want to be competitive in any sense of the word, that you have to approach them with a comparable level of seriousness.

Lately, I've been tooling around with the more strategic aspect of games: GalCiv 2 (old, but still awesome), Shogun 2, things like that. I've also delved into the realm of import games, as of late - learning a little Japanese and playing Sengoku Rance, as an example.

I've also contributed a little to some open-source gaming libraries out there, in the ongoing effort of every *real* gamer to eventually manifest that single best video game they have in their head.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I play the game of life.........real "life".......I wish I had time for this frivolity

I am awaiting the day your explantion comes with religious fervor. I'm sure you've mastered it already. Tell me, (so I'll know exactly what to do) how did you beat the erectile dysfunction level?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am not much of a gamer now but there was a time when I was hooked on Sim City and Zork.

There is an episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon gets Penny hooked on an interactive, multiplayer online role playing game.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I am not much of a gamer now but there was a time when I was hooked on Sim City and Zork.

There is an episode of Big Bang Theory where Sheldon gets Penny hooked on an interactive, multiplayer online role playing game.

My wife made watch that episode, I believe they were playing Age of Conan.

I gave up playing a lot of games after too many times of finding out that after you paid for the game you don't get to do everything until your work your way up to a certain level. I paid 100% ,I want to play 100%.

gostillerz

Yet you have time to complain about someone liking video games on an internet message board. Maybe you should get a (life).

gostillerz

I have an xbox, but mostly just play NHL on it. Our team has people from Texas, Kansas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Finland and Russia. It's really cool. we'll get on xbox and watch a hockey game so we can yap with each other, and I'm going to Finland next month to hang out with those guys. I'm more into the older games from late 70's-mid 90's. I have pretty close to every game for every system (including arcade games) from that timeframe.

My favorites are probably Kaboom, Missile Command and Super Mario World.