Do You Guys and Gals Work In The Rain?

passerby

You're not the only one:
http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/10/28/as-mccain-cancels-obama-rallies/

CHESTER, PA - Dressed in blue jeans and a black jacket, Barack Obama braved the cold rain falling in Pennsylvania, and held his scheduled rally - outdoors. “A little bit of rain never hurt anybody,” he quipped to the 9,000 who showed up in ponchos and futilely holding umbrellas.

Just an hour away in Quakertown, the rival ticket cancelled their own outdoor rally due to the same poor weather conditions that the Democrat embraced.

tieguy

Banned
You're not the only one:

CHESTER, PA - Dressed in blue jeans and a black jacket, Barack Obama braved the cold rain falling in Pennsylvania, and held his scheduled rally - outdoors. “A little bit of rain never hurt anybody,” he quipped to the 9,000 who showed up in ponchos and futilely holding umbrellas.

Just an hour away in Quakertown, the rival ticket cancelled their own outdoor rally due to the same poor weather conditions that the Democrat embraced.

He couldn't get a 100,000 screaming rock fans to turn out. Oh...thats right this one was not in Denver.....:)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You're not the only one:

Now we know which one was smart enough to come in out of the rain. :funny:

tieguy

Banned
Of course, if I were 72, I wouldn't want to be out in the rain either. I wonder if he felt it in his bones the day before.

I wonder if chris felt it climbing up his leg.....:happy-very:

And a second thought I wonder if he spoke about bitter pennsylvanians clinging to guns and religion....:)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Well considering the 72 yr old Mr. McCain has had so many broken bones, being tortured and all, Im sure he did feel it, the day before, the day of and every day since he was a POW.

Mr. Obama braving the cold, how very brave.

tieguy

Banned
Well considering the 72 yr old Mr. McCain has had so many broken bones, being tortured and all, Im sure he did feel it, the day before, the day of and every day since he was a POW.

Mr. Obama braving the cold, how very brave.

I don't think Obama is all that impressed with such sacrifice.

chev

Nightcrawler
Either way, good thing McCain didnt speak, prolly would have said something stupid anyways!

LOL:happy-very:

Oh. You mean something like Obama the stuttering buffoon? :devil3:
Did his teleprompter work in the rain. I mean,I know how hard it is for him to formulate a sentence without it. :wink2:
I bet he was wearing leg warmers under his jeans.:laughing:

Oh. You mean something like Obama the stuttering buffoon? :devil3:
Did his teleprompter work in the rain. I mean,I know how hard it is for him to formulate a sentence without it. :wink2:
I bet he was wearing leg warmers under his jeans.:laughing:
Actually, the news article said the teleprompter did fail in the rain, so O had to rely on his hard copy to finish his speach.

passerby

Funny, but McCain held an indoor rally the same day, had about 2000 people show up, couldn't even fill the small auditorium. No wonder he cancelled his outdoor rally .

tieguy

Banned
Funny, but McCain held an indoor rally the same day, had about 2000 people show up, couldn't even fill the small auditorium. No wonder he cancelled his outdoor rally .

I saw Bill Clinton attend a kiss and greet at a dunkin donuts where about 50 people showed up. Didn't seem to hurt him.