Do you have to be 21 to drive?

Quigley

if you can`t take a little ball-busting you sure as hell won`t make it as a rookie package car driver.
Been a feeder driver for the last 15 years. Had a part timer ask me if he had to be 21 to drive. I told him I didnt know but would find out. Too bad I picked this place to ask my question.

Been a feeder driver for the last 15 years. Had a part timer ask me if he had to be 21 to drive. I told him I didnt know but would find out. Too bad I picked this place to ask my question.

You`re a feeder driver and you didn`t know the answer to that question?

[video=youtube;C6cxNR9ML8k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k[/video]

Why would I know if you have to be 21 to drive a package car?

Well,for one,you would have had to be 21 to work your way up through package car to get to feeders. Or,two,you would have had to be 21 to get hired off the street to drive one of our feeders. It`s not exactly Chinese arithmetic.

Quigley

Well,for one,you would have had to be 21 to work your way up through package car to get to feeders. Or,two,you would have had to be 21 to get hired off the street to drive one of our feeders. It`s not exactly Chinese arithmetic.
Please read before you respond. I said PACKAGE CAR

Quigley

I wish I could say its been a pleasure but I would be lying. I regret asking a simple questions. i wont make that mistake again.

rod

Retired 22 years
When I started, to become a driver, you had to be:

married
have your military obligations taken care of. i.e.

Oh how the times have changed:peaceful:

UPSGUY72

You been a feeder driver for 15 years How may years have you been working at UPS. If a part timer ask you if he had to be 21 and you didn't know why didn't you point him in the direction of his shop steward.

IF your a feeder you should know its 21 it's a DOT rule.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
moderator rejected my post on the brownbailoutsite. Imagine that:happy-very:

Same thing happened to me, those lowlife mods.........opps! I pointed out that Fedex pilots are union and Fedex Ground, Home Delivery, and Fedex Frieght don't use airplanes. I also pointed out that their ground "contractors" aren't exactly contractors. I guess Fred didn't like that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
moderator rejected my post on the brownbailoutsite. Imagine that:happy-very:
The Mod actually put my post up for view.
I tried to find a way to criticize without going overboard.
Said something to the effect:
If nothing else, the Whiteboard commercial is funny.