Do you look at this as a victory or an expensive blunder that never should have happened.

Ignorance in my book but I admire the members balls. They believed in their ba. Even though he was wrong they survived. We all want to survive this place. Now they will have a story they can tell people.

teamster 804

You are correct Chuck.There was a 250000 dollar penalty against the local,two week suspension for 250 drivers totalling roughly 300000 for a grand total of 550000, besides the fact this total disaster of a business agent walking the 250 out the door possibly caused locals holding out on their supplements to be forced to take them in order to make this situation to go away.So i don't see any need for a victory dance on this one.Far from it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brown Spider

You are correct Chuck.There was a 250000 dollar penalty against the local,two week suspension for 250 drivers totalling roughly 300000 for a grand total of 550000, besides the fact this total disaster of a business agent walking the 250 out the door possibly caused locals holding out on their supplements to be forced to take them in order to make this situation to go away.So i don't see any need for a victory dance on this one.Far from it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

"this total disaster of a business agent walking the 250 out the door possibly caused locals holding out on their supplements to be forced to take them"? What? An International Union the size of the Teamsters is unable to separate and deal with these issues? This Union is unable to provide assistance to a local union involved in an ugly confrontation with UPS, and at the same time, assist the local unions whose supplements are unresolved? You've got to be kidding! Hopefully, no local union will ever ask the International if they're able to walk and chew gum at the same time!

Hoffa, Hall and O'Brien did exactly what their overseers in Atlanta told them to do! Ram those supplements down the throats of the affected local unions and work out a settlement that helps UPS maintain their dignity in the face of public outrage and adverse publicity. Two nasty problems solved, a few local officers slapped around and the big egos remain intact! Thanks Junior, Ken and Sean! See you guys at the nineteenth hole! Drinks are on us!

"this total disaster of a business agent walking the 250 out the door possibly caused locals holding out on their supplements to be forced to take them"? What? An International Union the size of the Teamsters is unable to separate and deal with these issues? This Union is unable to provide assistance to a local union involved in an ugly confrontation with UPS, and at the same time, assist the local unions whose supplements are unresolved? You've got to be kidding! Hopefully, no local union will ever ask the International if they're able to walk and chew gum at the same time!

Hoffa, Hall and O'Brien did exactly what their overseers in Atlanta told them to do! Ram those supplements down the throats of the affected local unions and work out a settlement that helps UPS maintain their dignity in the face of public outrage and adverse publicity. Two nasty problems solved, a few local officers slapped around and the big egos remain intact! Thanks Junior, Ken and Sean! See you guys at the nineteenth hole! Drinks are on us!
I'd love to see you say this to Sean O'Brians face all the while signing a waver that is he got physical you would not sue. Call a man a cheater and you should sign a waver and get down like a man.

Brown Spider

I'd love to see you say this to Sean O'Brians face all the while signing a waver that is he got physical you would not sue. Call a man a cheater and you should sign a waver and get down like a man.

Unlikely that Sean would get physical. I'm actually quite a bit bigger than the Boston Blowhard and he's probably avoiding confrontation following his idiotic rant at Local 251. You've previously made pretty clear that you defend that sort of behavior by our elected leaders. I don't! We elect them to represent us, to negotiate our contracts and to diligently abide by their oath of office! Once they begin to threaten those of us who pay their salaries, they've crossed the line and Sean crossed that line quicker than Cashman and McCarthy. By the way...I know that you love the guy as much as your Aunt Claire...but his name is O'Brien, not O'Brian.

not what i voted for

Unlikely that Sean would get physical. I'm actually quite a bit bigger than the Boston Blowhard and he's probably avoiding confrontation following his idiotic rant at Local 251. You've previously made pretty clear that you defend that sort of behavior by our elected leaders. I don't! We elect them to represent us, to negotiate our contracts and to diligently abide by their oath of office! Once they begin to threaten those of us who pay their salaries, they've crossed the line and Sean crossed that line quicker than Cashman and McCarthy. By the way...I know that you love the guy as much as your Aunt Claire...but his name is O'Brien, not O'Brian.

I guess you don't support the two tough guys who visited the inside stewards in Melville or the tough guy that went to 43st called out a inside worker and got his bell rung. Speaking of blowhards!!!